Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2010 7:56:48 PM EDT
Well fellas texas has been a blast but i think it's time to head on back home to tennessee. do any of you live in crossville? This is where i will be heading back to. just wondering if it has gotten any bigger or gotten worse as far as the druggies go.

Do y'all have any arfcom get togethers?
Here in houston we have them every couple weeks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 3:17:00 AM EDT
[#1]
No clue about the druggies, but Crossville has grown a lot in the last 10-12 years. Beautiful area, up on the bluff like that....................      

Yeah, we get together once in a while in different parts of the state. Sometimes at a range, sometimes at a gun show. Thankfully not yet at jail!  

Just keep stopping in to catch the news on where to meet. Where you at in Texas, if I may ask?
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:02:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No clue about the druggies, but Crossville has grown a lot in the last 10-12 years. Beautiful area, up on the bluff like that....................      

Yeah, we get together once in a while in different parts of the state. Sometimes at a range, sometimes at a gun show. Thankfully not yet at jail!

Just keep stopping in to catch the news on where to meet. Where you at in Texas, if I may ask?

i see you missed the last meeting.......
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:31:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i see you missed the last meeting.......

I am all over the state. Live on the road working with the railroad. 5 days off every 6 weeks.
my son and ex live in Houston so I figure heading back there with a 9-5 kind of Jon plus family and friends and getting my boy for 6 months out of the year is better than no family friends or seeing my son here. And I will be moving up on the plateau. On the Cumberland wildlife preserve. Y'all know of any jobs in the area? I have plenty of factory work experience and I have my commercial herbicide applicators license.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 3:10:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Y'all know of any jobs in the area? I have plenty of factory work experience and I have my commercial herbicide applicators license.

Industrial in TN is really slow right now, as it is everywhere else, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 5:27:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Meth Hell right now, already a good zombie infestation there but probably no worse than where you've been. Welcome home!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Crossville is the armpit of Tennessee. I grew up on the Cumberland Plateau, in Scott county and currently live in hell, I mean Crossville, but I am moving to Hendersonville in May.

I used to love Crossville but the way I feel about Cumberland county is if any of the locals/natives were bleeding to death in a ditch I would hike my leg on them and move on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 4:57:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
"Stop mincing your words and give it to us straight."

Don't get me wrong. I have lived in several different states and I have to say that I love my home state, Tennessee, above all other places. I know that lots of small towns have corrupt government, but Cumberland county takes the cake.

I am a merchant seaman and I am away from home for 2 months at a time. When I returned home in January I found that 90% of the furnishings in my house and lots of other things had been stolen, including every gun that wasn't in a gun safe. I call the sheriff department and they did take a report but informed me that it wasn't an important case and they wouldn't try to find out who did it.

That night I started getting texts from the thieves and I called the law again. The detective would not even look at my phone and when I told him who it was he didn't even write down the name.

Turns out the scum who stole over $20k in guns, motorcycles, tvs, computers, furniture and even my cookware have 2 family members who are county commissioners.

Do I sound bitter? Yes I know I do, but revenge is best served cold.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top