Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 3:48:59 PM EDT
What do you think guys?

I am now working on a single point/2 point hybrib like the Magpul sling.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice work! Now make it quick adjustable.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I made one several years ago for my 30-06 and it is not comfortable. bites into shoulder after awhile of walking thru corn/bean fields.
Looks cool though!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
did you learn to do that from all of your hair braiding experience?

now that i got that dig in, i'll take one in OD.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the link to the thread about the one I made.

I've since then added a padded strap from an athletic type bag to help ease the shoulder strap digging in.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:03:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice... how long does something like that take to braid?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice... how long does something like that take to braid?

Well, this was my first time ever doing anything with paracord. It took me probably 5-6hrs. But I was watching TV and stopping to post on here and other stuff. I've finished my Magpul type sling, but my Kodak camera crapped out on me today. So I can't really take pics of it yet. It took about the same amount of time and is a bit longer.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is my Magpul type sling that can either be single point or two point. It could stand to be a few inches longer, but I'll make due with it for now.

Here's both.

ETA: I think this was a pretty good 1000th post.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Not to take away from the slings, because I like them, but, where do you learn to do this.  I think it would make a good dog leash......for real. Thanks in advance for any links, that are for dummies.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not to take away from the slings, because I like them, but, where do you learn to do this.  I think it would make a good dog leash......for real. Thanks in advance for any links, that are for dummies.

I would like to know also.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#11]
the website i learned from is www.instructables.com. just search paracord and it will bring up several different projects. i didnt at any other than the one where they're making the watch band. thats the method i used just on a larger scale. if you head over to the "slings & other accessories" forum in the ar1 section here on the site, you will see the thread that i got the idea from. the exact page is hot linked there.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
the website i learned from is www.instructables.com. just search paracord and it will bring up several different projects. i didnt at any other than the one where they're making the watch band. thats the method i used just on a larger scale. if you head over to the "slings & other accessories" forum in the ar1 section here on the site, you will see the thread that i got the idea from. the exact page is hot linked there.

Thanks

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks big time...

Posted from my personal computer

always wanted to do that
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Cool, looks great
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top