Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2008 4:48:38 AM EDT
Mumpower in as speaker. That's the word.
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/8/2008 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Bob,

This is one topic I'm happy to see dupes of!

Tom
Link Posted: 11/9/2008 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bob,

Tom

And I'd be even happier to see confirmation.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 5:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 5:43:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Bob,

Tom

+1

Pmc
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]

"According to sources in both parties, current House Speaker Jimmy Naifeh, a Covington Democrat, is calling House Republicans to try and broker a deal for a coalition to keep his seat. In the past, some Republican lawmakers in the House have voted for Naifeh. Mumpower said Thursday afternoon he already has the needed votes."

I hope Mumpower is right about having enough votes to beat Naifeh.

Link Posted: 11/11/2008 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Please or Please let Naifeh be gone.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Tennessean article

"Mumpower said even though the GOP made it clear immediately after the election that the votes were there to take leadership positions in the House, 'evidently some folks didn't hear it, or didn't want to hear it.' The letter released Tuesday included signatures from every GOP member and member-elect of the House, saying they pledged to support a Republican speaker and speaker pro tempore, the number two position in the House.

A spokesman for House Democrats, Addison Pate, said Naifeh remains in charge until the legislative session begins, and intends to continue as speaker, despite the apparently rock-solid support of the Republicans.

'On January 13, when we begin session, we will cross that bridge when we get there. But he has every intention of continuing to be speaker. He has led the House of Representatives for nearly 20 years, and hopes to continue to do that,' Pate said."

In other words, it appears that Dictator of the House Naifeh intends to give up the gavel when they pry his cold dead fingers from it.  
Link Posted: 11/15/2008 1:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Sadly, I'm a TN native living in exile up here in New Jerksey.  I was SO FRIGGIN PROUD to hear about how TN was the only state in the union to go completely against the grain on all levels.  Others have no comprehension when it comes to my love for TN.

I've had to live under that d-bag 24 of my 29 years of life, had to drive by his family's grocery stores like the one in Munford, had to hear about how my mom (a teacher) and many of her female co-workers went up to Nashvegas to protest about how they were spending the teachers' pensions on pet projects (d**n near bankrupted it, now she'll get almost squat after 40 years of teaching) and Naifeh told them TO THEIR FACE "That's not something for you to worry about, a woman's place is doing housework and raising kids".  He almost lost an election about a decade ago...all because of the increase of RED in the southern part. So what did he do? He just jerrymandered the district to cut it out as to prevent it from happening again.

"F" than man and a curse on his house.

*sorry about the rant, but in times like these, it's nice to see someone get what they deserve.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:10:34 AM EDT
[#11]
It will be a great day when that douchebag is gone.  Perhaps now we can get some decent CCW legislation.
Link Posted: 11/16/2008 6:16:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

He almost lost an election about a decade ago...all because of the increase of RED in the southern part. So what did he do? He just jerrymandered the district to cut it out as to prevent it from happening again.

Well, he's about to have to take a BIG bite out of his own shit sandwhich. The Republicans will be the ones doing the district lines redrawing.    

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Bout time. The only business I've ever given him is to take a dump in his Munford store. Used his paper too.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top