Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2008 6:26:04 AM EDT
I still don't have much, but I have faith in the OC and DC.  

I wanted Crompton last year, so I'm glad to see him this year, along with G-unit in the G-gun.  We will have loads of offense, I hope.

Predictions:

Loss to Auburn.  

Win the SEC

Win the NC

Yours?  
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 3:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I wish yours were right.................  

I see UT at 7-4, losses to GA, FL, Auburn & Bama. Too many ? marks on the offensive line, IMO. Crompton hasn't been lighting it up in scrimmages from what I've read. No real barn burner at WR either. DL depth is a huge ? mark as well, IMO.

On the optimist side, we might be able to sneak past Bama & UG. Lord knows UG has a history of choking in the UT games.    

UT may have a better team than UF but lord knows we choke in those games as well..................

UCLA game may portend how the season goes, IMO. Of course, they're down to their 3rd string QB these days.
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, I wish yours were right.................  

I see UT at 7-4, losses to GA, FL, Auburn & Bama. Too many ? marks on the offensive line, IMO. Crompton hasn't been lighting it up in scrimmages from what I've read. No real barn burner at WR either. DL depth is a huge ? mark as well, IMO.

On the optimist side, we might be able to sneak past Bama & UG. Lord knows UG has a history of choking in the UT games.    

UT may have a better team than UF but lord knows we choke in those games as well..................

UCLA game may portend how the season goes, IMO. Of course, they're down to their 3rd string QB these days.

damn you bob.  I don't know any other UT fans that use common sense and logic to determine their predictions.

I guess you don't lose much money, eh?

This thread is open to others of course, just put bob in the title.

I hope you are wrong, but I fear you are correct.  You've been calling it pretty good the past two or three years that I've chatted to you.  I think the first real indicator will be UF not UCLA.  We'll see though.  A win against UF gives us more to fight for.

I think we have no answer for Tebow, and never will, but I think if we can answer their scores we will hang in there.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/26/2008 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I might break a heel and possibly go down a size or two for my dresses. My Avon lady stopped selling Avon and so I guess I'm gonna have to find someone else.

My wigs are getting worn out so I'm gonna look for some new ones. I may go with a short crop top kind of wig and then go for the gold ( damn olympics....) and get that Fara Faucett I've been wanting.

Link Posted: 8/27/2008 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I guess you don't lose much money, eh?

Since I rarely bet any, no, I don't...............    

I think we have no answer for Tebow, and never will, but I think if we can answer their scores we will hang in there.

There's plenty of answers for Tebow. Hell, UF didn't win the National Title last year & UF lost, what, 3-4 games all year long? Problem is, Chavis seems to be a tad overrated when it comes to a Def Cord with modern offenses. Urban Myer certainly isn't a slouch as Off Cord, but if other teams can beat UF, why can't Fulmer?????    

Here's hoping UT's new Off Cord will light a fire under a 50 year old offensive scheme. They're running the same plays that Fulmer ran/played in the 1960s, IMO...........
Link Posted: 8/27/2008 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#5]
oh boy. you guys are in trouble this year!

chomp chomp sucker..
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#6]
what? no comebacks?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
what? no comebacks?  

I guess we'll see.  I don't see that florida is that well off with personnel.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

*I* refuse to feed the trolls. Ymmv..............    
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

*I* refuse to feed the trolls. Ymmv..............    

Sage advice, from my honored guru.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2008 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*I* refuse to feed the trolls. Ymmv..............     [://

Sage advice, from my honored guru.  

not a troll sir. just like to stir the pot on occasion  
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, all my fears/doubts came true.    

UCLA outcoached Fulmer (and Clausen as well) once again...........    

This defeat has got to go down as one of the worst losses in modern UT history, IMO: rushing avg. over 4 yards per carry, 4 int's in the first half, holding the opposing team to less than 1 yard rushing average for the game & STILL UT lost the GD game!!!!    

Personally, I knew UT was beat when UCLA blocked the punt & ran it in. I believe it was Gen. Neyland who said a team that has a kick blocked will lose 90-something % of the time.    

Wouldn't surprise me if UT loses 6 games this year, IMO. Crompton can't seem to throw it in the ocean from a GD boat.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:16:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Crompton can't seem to throw it in the ocean from a GD boat.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2008 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Come on now, Crompton is  still relatively new, cut him some slack. Its not like we blew out a bunch of teams last year( like we used to) so he could get in there and get some snaps.  Fat Phil  is gonna give us ANOTHER average season and ANOTHER Gator/Peach Bowl. How many "rebuilding" years in a row are we gonna have before  we get  a coach who  plays to win instead of playing not to lose?
Link Posted: 9/2/2008 5:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Come on now, Crompton is  still relatively new, cut him some slack. Its not like we blew out a bunch of teams last year( like we used to) so he could get in there and get some snaps.  Fat Phil  is gonna give us ANOTHER average season and ANOTHER Gator/Peach Bowl. How many "rebuilding" years in a row are we gonna have before  we get  a coach who  plays to win instead of playing not to lose?

Crompton was better two years ago against LSU at home.  LSU was a much better team then than UCLA was last night.  Our defense is better now.

COACHING COACHING COACHING.

Somewhere coaching in development has let us down.  Crompton should be better.

Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Come on now, Crompton is  still relatively new, cut him some slack.

Uhmmm, no. He's not a freshman nor is he a former walk-on. He's a highly recruited QB who's had a couple of years to build arm strength as well as learn the college game.

Hell, he skipped passes to receivers that most high school QB's would complete, IMO.

Fat Phil  is gonna give us ANOTHER average season and ANOTHER Gator/Peach Bowl. How many "rebuilding" years in a row are we gonna have before  we get  a coach who  plays to win instead of playing not to lose?

If you think Phil will achieve an "average season" this year, then I've got some beachfront property to sell you, sir.      

I've said repeatedly that Fulmer should've been kicked upstairs ala` Johnny Majors 2-3 years ago. Witness the blowout losses with UF & the Cal debacle last year. I could go on & on & on, but I think you get the point.    
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Crompton was better two years ago against LSU at home.  LSU was a much better team then than UCLA was last night.  Our defense is better now.

Did Cutcliff make that big of a difference in our QB's?    
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did Cutcliff make that big of a difference in our QB's?    

I meant that he made Crompton worse.  Not better, and no he didn't make a big difference.

Ainge was better his freshman year.

Edit:  We'll see though, Crompton is supposed to be able to run, and today Fulmer said they plan to roll him out more.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 4:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

We'll see though, Crompton is supposed to be able to run, and today Fulmer said they plan to roll him out more.

Yeah, that'll work against the SEC defenses in AU, Bama & UF...............    
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:41:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We'll see though, Crompton is supposed to be able to run, and today Fulmer said they plan to roll him out more.

Yeah, that'll work against the SEC defenses in AU, Bama & UF...............    

hey, I expect another terrible season from the pudge on the hill, but it worked against great defenses last year, UGA, Arkansas, and even against LSU in the SECCG until Ainge got a little starry-eyed and decided to take us out of it with some picks.

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#20]
i see UT at 4 losses this year. florida, auburn, and georgia to come. then they might get a lucky bowl game and finish 9-4. why do they want to keep a coach that cant do better than that? he got lucky as hell last year getting into the SECCG.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:10:37 PM EDT
[#21]
THey need to let Crompton play.  I felt like they only ran pass plays that kept him in tied to the pocket.  Like they threatened his life if he moved out or did anything.

I remember the first couple times he played.  He's got some game.  TN just has to figure out what plays to call.  Never seen a team run over the other team for 30 or so, then try to change it up three times in a row and have to punt it.

It was painful to watch and I dont like the Vols.  Baby steps for me.  I used to be the Anti Vol.    So I am improving.

GA is going to give it to the Vols this year.  An off week and 2yrs of embarrassments built up.

TLee, this is for you.  You got your jorts on?  I hope GA and TN put it to FL this year.    I'll miss the cocktail party this year now that I've moved back from GA.  

Link Posted: 9/4/2008 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

TLee, this is for you.  You got your jorts on?  I hope GA and TN put it to FL this year.    I'll miss the cocktail party this year now that I've moved back from GA.  

Tebow is going to show Moreno how to run the ball before the game so there will be at least a little bit of competition.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2008 7:07:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I remember the first couple times he played.  He's got some game.

Must be why he skipped so many passes on the ground to wide open WR's, I guess.............    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top