Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2008 5:28:34 PM EDT
Does anyone know of a good smith to work on my SA?
Looking for someone in the Nashville area to avoid hassles of shipping etc.
  I am considering trying to throat the bbl and do the feed ramp myself, but I'm a little worried I might ruin the gun.

If there isn't one local who would y'all recommend I send it to?
 Thanks,
Joe
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know if Jeff Walle is still with Specialty Arms in Lavergne?

If so - he would be my first recommendation in your area
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 6:45:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone know if Jeff Walle is still with Specialty Arms in Lavergne?

He's now employed with Guns-n-Leather up in Greenbrier. He now has my Marlin 880SQ rifle & Beretta 92G for work. Best gunsmith in the state, by FAR!!!!!    
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
appreciate the info very much.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Thanks

There is a guy in M'boro that builds custom 1911's and has done tons of great work. Everyone I have sent to him is very happy with his work. Shoot me an IM if you are interested.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

There is a guy in M'boro that builds custom 1911's and has done tons of great work. Everyone I have sent to him is very happy with his work. Shoot me an IM if you are interested.

If it is the one that works for the Sheriffs Dept he IS very good and reasonable to.  Did some work on a couple of my 1911s already and I am VERY satisfied.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I dropped off my SA 1911 in Greenbriar this afternoon. Wow, Jeff is one heck of a nice guy. It became clear to me very quick he knows 1911's like the back of his hand.
Knowledgeable but not pompous at all. 1 week to get the bbl throated, feed ramp fixed, ejection port lowered.
 Sweet!! I can't wait to shoot that thing when he's done.
 Thanks again guys.
Joe
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks

If it is the one that works for the Sheriffs Dept he IS very good and reasonable to.  Did some work on a couple of my 1911s already and I am VERY satisfied.

Yep. That's the one..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top