Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/4/2007 3:16:26 PM EDT
Howdy all,
in the next couple of weeks I'll be on a long road trip which will take me through Tennessee.  I'm hoping some of you might have some recommendations of decent restaurants to eat at along the way rather than the usual fare of chain establishments.

I'm mainly looking for suggestions along I-40 from Memphis to Nashville, then I-65 north of Nashville.  I've actually got a number of decent places actually in those two cities I know I can dine at, but it's the in-between that I need some help on.

I'd prefer, if possible, the restaurants not be too far of a detour from the interstate.

Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:23:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't go wrong with Cracker Barrel.

Link

Also, Casey Jones in Jackson, Tennessee, just off I-40.

Link

HKO

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 4:31:46 PM EDT
[#2]
What type of cusine are you interested in and what do you want to spend?

Food is my hobby and like guns, you get what you pay for.

In Memphis........GREAT American food is the Grove Grill at Laurelwood. (Poplar and Grove Park) Not a jacket and tie place, but 100% F*&%#$* AWESOME...............and yes, you will pay, but not $100 a person. You can have a great meal with drinks for anywhere from $25 to ????????? a person....

Tell me your taste and budget and I will guide you in the right direction...........Guaranteed!!!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:07:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Budget is just sort of a quick place for food, maybe no more than $12-$15/person.  My main goal is to make good time on the road, but don't want to have to have to rely on chain restaurants the whole way.

Quoted:
Can't go wrong with Cracker Barrel.

Link

Also, Casey Jones in Jackson, Tennessee, just off I-40.

Link

HKO

Yes Cracker Barrel is actually my failsafe place to eat in case I can't find anything else.  Usually I've always had decent food at those places, and every single one I've stopped at in Tennessee feels a little more "comfortable" for some reason.  

Strange though you mention the Casey Jones place.  I definitely recall stopping there a couple years back....maybe it was just an off day or something but I was not impressed by the buffet they had available at lunch.  Do they offer items off a menu?
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 5:46:51 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Strange though you mention the Casey Jones place.  I definitely recall stopping there a couple years back....maybe it was just an off day or something but I was not impressed by the buffet they had available at lunch.  Do they offer items off a menu?

Check the link.

I believe the menu is posted. Breakfast buffet is better that the lunch one, IMO.

The store is kinda cool. Old type candy, fudge and ice cream.

Have a safe trip.

HKO
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 10:51:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check the link.

I believe the menu is posted. Breakfast buffet is better that the lunch one, IMO.

The store is kinda cool. Old type candy, fudge and ice cream.

Have a safe trip.

HKO

I agree, the breakfast buffet is really good....or at least has been every time i have been
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top