Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2007 6:58:32 AM EDT
Hello fellow afrcommers,

My wife and I will be coming from Missouri to see the Andrew Peterson concert at the Ryman.  Whats a good part of town to stay in (NSEW)?  I have a CHL from Utah and was wondering about the carry laws.  Vehicles/person/ect.  Can I get a quick run down or a link?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#1]
www.tennessee.gov/safety/handgun/reciprocity.htm

Keep your permit with you.  Even long guns in cars (stored too close to ammo) without a permit can get you in trouble.

I assume Utah permits have a picture of your face on it, right? I think all states do, but I don't know.  That's really the only requirement.

eta:
how did you get a Utah permit living in Missouri?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Give me a shout before you get here & I'll show ya'll around Nashville if you'd like?

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#3]
When the CHL law was first passed in MO, there were 2 counties that decided they thought it was illegally passed.  The way the law is written, the state has absolute say in all things concerning carrying/possession of firearms.  The only thing the counties can decide is open carry and discharge.  They refused to process any applications.  It went to court and they lost big time.  Lots of people didn't want to wait.  The law honors valid out of state permits so thats what people did.  Some got a FL permit, some got Utah.

Are there any strange locations that are off limits other than the usual federal buildings/elementary schools ect?  In MO, we cant go in stadiums with an occupancy past a certain amount, or go into a place that makes 50% of its revenue of booze, or go into a place that is posted with a appropriately sized sign with specific sized letters.

Whats a good area of town to stay in?

We are going to have a few hours to kill before the concert and about 6-8 hrs the next day before we drive home.  Whats a uniquely Nashville place to eat at?  Any museums or attractions that take 6-8hrs?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Oddly, there are no terrible parts of town if you stay south.  You could stay in Cool Springs ( Marriot and other high end hotels) and eat at Famous Dave's.  I love BBQ on a trash can lid .  Really, it is the best!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:10:39 PM EDT
[#5]
You can't carry anywhere liquor is served. So no applebees, outback, etc. Other than that standard rules i.e. gov't buildings, signs prohibiting, etc.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Whats a good area of town to stay in?

We are going to have a few hours to kill before the concert and about 6-8 hrs the next day before we drive home.  Whats a uniquely Nashville place to eat at?  Any museums or attractions that take 6-8hrs?

You can cover all those bases by staying at the Opryland Hotel.

Lots to see & do there as well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
While your at the Opryland Mall go play minature golf(if it's still there) under the blacklights!Kinda  freaky and I imagine like being on drugs...only legal! If you were single I would give you my ex's number in Wodbury,according to the mailman there she's a "goodtime"! Lots of cool sights all around Nashville!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top