Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2007 8:47:05 PM EDT
So I have a sponsor that has known me for a couple of years.  Do I just mail the application in and wait?  Or do I end up going to a meeting and introduce myself?  

The gun club I joined in SC had you go to a meeting, say some stuff about yourself and then the current members would vote on you.  Just curious if ORSA does this as well.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 11:56:05 AM EDT
[#1]
First there’s the back ground check and the DNA test, then the mental evaluation. After that ….just kidding. Once you have your Sponsor endorsed application Mail it in. Then you will receive a call or a letter (I forget which) to let you know when the orientation class is. There you will receive your credentials and access key. Then you’re a Member

Welcome in Advance
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First there’s the back ground check and the DNA test, then the mental evaluation. After that …

Welcome in Advance

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/4/2007 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I've thought about joining, even though it's a three hour drive from Clarksville, but the guy who I would have asked to sponsor be passed away a few years ago. Retired infantry LTC who lived there in Oak Ridge. I have made it over for my first Garand match though.

Edited for typo.

Link Posted: 12/4/2007 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got into ORSA. I sent my application and money in September...and got my key at the November orientation. So...it takes a few weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top