Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 11:23:11 AM EDT
I posted a thread a month or so ago about a possible outing at Natchez Trace State park. I have a few guys interested in the weekend of Oct.12.

park info

We can use the range of course. I will be camping, well my Travel trailer will be at the RV campgrounds, so some do not call it camping.

From primative camping to villas, the park has it all. And the range is good for a public range. So if you are interested post up and lets meet and greet. The weather is right for campfires now.

If interested post here and lets get together, cook some food and send a few rounds down range. Anyone with RSO experience can head up the range safety.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#1]
That's the weekend the SO wants to go to Tunica

I do wish I could make it...

maybe next time
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That's the weekend the SO wants to go to Tunica

I do wish I could make it...

maybe next time[://

Take her to Tunica Friday night, and hit the "Trace" on Saturday. Compromise.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:22:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Did you know that is the weekend of the Knob Creek Shoot?

Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#4]
How can we bring firearms if this is a State Park?

Not trying to play devil's avocate, but is this allowed without trouble?

Thanks!

AG
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:32:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How can we bring firearms if this is a State Park?

Not trying to play devil's avocate, but is this allowed without trouble?

Thanks!

AG

un-loaded while in the park untill at the range. The park also allows hunting on its property, so this is a gun friendly state park.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Zoe.

I searched the site and found this

Firearms, traps and other weapons
In park, natural, and historical areas the use of traps, seines, handthrown spears, nets (except landing nets), firearms (including air and gas powered pistols and rifles), blow guns, bows and arrows or crossbows, and any other implements designed to discharge missiles in the air or under the water which are capable of destroying animal life is prohibited. The possession of such objects or implements is prohibited unless they are unloaded and adequately cased, or broken down or otherwise packed in such a way as to prevent their use while in the park areas.

Exception 1: Shooters may use recreational target shooting ranges available for skeet, trap and bow and arrow target shooting within a park area as long as these weapons are properly cased when not on the range.
Exception 2: Authorized Federal, State, County and City law enforcement officers may carry firearms in the performance of their official duties.
Exception 3: Persons using park area facilities while participating in authorized open or managed hunts within the park areas or beyond, may use and possess firearms under the specific rules and regulations pertaining to the authorized hunt and only in the authorized hunting zones or compartments.

So, can we bring automatic handguns or rifles? Just curious because that is more than likely the firearms this group would bring

Thanks again
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#7]
bring your FA gear. We may get hassled, but assuming you legally own it, we will be fine. That is my understanding. If I am wrong I will pretend to be the person that called the law in the first place, as I wouldnt fare well in jail.
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 5:55:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks Zoe.

I searched the site and found this

Firearms, traps and other weapons
In park, natural, and historical areas the use of traps, seines, handthrown spears, nets (except landing nets), firearms (including air and gas powered pistols and rifles), blow guns, bows and arrows or crossbows, and any other implements designed to discharge missiles in the air or under the water which are capable of destroying animal life is prohibited. The possession of such objects or implements is prohibited unless they are unloaded and adequately cased, or broken down or otherwise packed in such a way as to prevent their use while in the park areas.

Exception 1: Shooters may use recreational target shooting ranges available for skeet, trap and bow and arrow target shooting within a park area as long as these weapons are properly cased when not on the range.
Exception 2: Authorized Federal, State, County and City law enforcement officers may carry firearms in the performance of their official duties.
Exception 3: Persons using park area facilities while participating in authorized open or managed hunts within the park areas or beyond, may use and possess firearms under the specific rules and regulations pertaining to the authorized hunt and only in the authorized hunting zones or compartments.

So, can we bring automatic handguns or rifles? Just curious because that is more than likely the firearms this group would bring

Thanks again

I live about 5 miles from the park boundry, it is one of the biggest deer and turkey hunting places in the state if not thebiggest, people come from all over the surrounding stats to hunt.
As long as your guns are unloaded while traveling through the park or to and from the range it's legal. Once you at the range you can shoot from daylight til dark. With out being hasselled, ive never seen anyone shoot full auto but there isnt anythng on the rule  board saying you cant
I have shot with alot of the Park Rangers and all the ones i have met are really cool, just obey the laws.
It has a 100 and a 50 yd rifle range with covered pavillion and benchrest at the 100 yd mark.
 A 10,20 and 30 yd pistol range with a covered pavillion with benches too, only downside is if someone is shooting on the rifle range you probably wont want to shoot on the pistol range because the pistol range is to the right and down range 50 yds.
Its about a 50 yd space in between them but it could be bad if someone let one go by accident toward the pistol range.
The only places you cant hunt on the entire park are on the Wildlife Managment Areas.
Its always been a first come first shoot between the ranges. If you want to shoot the pistol range and someone is on the rifle range and viceversa people are good at waiting there turn.
The only downside is alot of people will be sighting in rifles and muzzleloaders this time of the year.
People are very friendy about waitning there turn on the rifle and pistol range
Any questions about the range,park or directions just shoot me a email or im.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 6:14:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.  I was just a little leary as I have had a runin with a park ranger before and it was NOT pleasant
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 9:43:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I'l be there on the 13th with my son and a couple of friends.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks like we will have great weather, I will be there Friday night and Sat. night. The park ranger will also allow us to use the range for "low light" drills also.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:45:45 AM EDT
[#12]
super!   I'll be there late Friday afternoon.... hopefully before dark.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I am in a 31' Flagstaff next to the swimming area/playground in the lower part of the RV campground. I have three in my group and maybe more for a range session Saturday morning. I have to leave Sat. afternoon for a few hours for fire dept. business and will be back before dark.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:08:17 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Are you coming from Nashville? Just wondering as one of my Firefighting budies is having someone come down from Nashville.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you coming from Nashville? Just wondering as one of my Firefighting budies is having someone come down from Nashville.

Yep... that's me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top