Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/7/2006 4:19:49 PM EDT
Anyone want to hook-up for breakfast at Cracker Barrel before the Pope gun show next weekend???? Clean our guns at the breakfast table? Tip the waitress in ammo????    

I hear there's gonna be a lot of dealers there who haven't been there in a long time or not at all before. Should be a good show.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I am driving up from Jackson for the show but I don't know that I will make breakfast.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Got to work sat. hope all the dealers stick around till sun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll make it out there at some point on saturday. not sure if it'll be early enough to do breakfast or not.

gotta drop my doggies off to get their monthly baths early in the A.M.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be teaching a handgun carry class at the Joelton GunShop all day Saturday.  So, I'll have to wait until Sunday to hit the show.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:05:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Which day, what time, where yada yada yada....
Ill see if I cant scrounge up Coondog also. I am sure he will be available.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Since it's breakfast, that means Sat or Sun.    Pick a day, sir.

Word today is there is a Fri night show, 4pm to 8/9pm.

Admission bumps to $8 per person but it's good for all three days if you want to go. Also good for Sat & Sun only if you want.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:47:36 PM EDT
[#7]
$8!
WTF!!!
Thats too much to pay to get in to buy my potpourri, candles and shaving razor blade refills. Ill have to pass on this gun show. I can get into WalMart for free to buy this stuff.

Ill call Coon and see when he wants to go. It doesn't matter to me. Friday night is a no go though. I will let you know what day we will go as quickly as I talk to him.
Stay out of trouble until then.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, Fri night doesn't float my boat either.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 5:39:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Leaving Jackson now, head out.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]
May have to work half a day saturday. If so then I will be there saturday afternoon. I have a bachlors party for my Boss that night. So got lots of time to kill. If I do not work then its the Wado Ryu tournament in Columbia, could make a Sunday gathering/
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
May have to work half a day saturday. If so then I will be there saturday afternoon. I have a bachlors party for my Boss that night. So got lots of time to kill. If I do not work then its the Wado Ryu tournament in Columbia, could make a Sunday gathering/

who knows maybe the moron that was out at Cheatem range will be there. We can punch him in the mouth.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#12]
And yeah,I'd like to go. We'll see.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:25:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

who knows maybe the moron that was out at Cheatem range will be there. We can punch him in the mouth.

Link Posted: 3/12/2006 1:26:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

could make a Sunday gathering/

Sunday morn is fine with me.

Coondog? Tesnevo?
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I will be working Saturday and will go to the show after work. Maybe some other time. for breakfast.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Yeah, Fri night doesn't float my boat either.

For me, Friday night may be best.  Try to schedule a light afternoon and sneak out.  

Weekends are hard at this time of the year.

Now that softball and soccer season have kicked in for the young uns...

"All your Saturday are belong to us"

Be interesting to see how much  ammo is at the show, if it is available at all.

I hope to look at some EOTech mounts.  Hope some variety is there.

Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:01:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 12:54:01 PM EDT
[#18]

nevermind. i suck.

I'll let this self confessional pass. Its too easy

Sunday is cool with me. I believe Coondog said fine also.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 3:43:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Bob,

Ya'll mind if I meet you out there for breakfast Sunday.

John
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:08:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Bob,

Ya'll mind if I meet you out there for breakfast Sunday.

John

Ok, Sunday for everyone??? Cracker Barrel in Smyrna @ I-24? Say 9am??? Look for the guys in the gun shirts????????    

Last one there pays?????    
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 5:17:19 PM EDT
[#21]

Ok, Sunday for everyone??? Cracker Barrel in Smyrna @ I-24? Say 9am??? Look for the guys in the gun shirts????????

Last one there pays?????  

Pays for what? What else are we doing that day? Or do I want to know?

Sunday will be fine for me. Im sure it will be fine w/Coondog also.

killthewabbit69,you are more than welcome to join us. I will apoligize for us in advance. But yes, we have no problem with you coming there to pay the bill it's fine with us for you to come.
Charles.
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:12:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks a bunch guys....C ya'll Sunday AM.

Is this Cracker Barrel @ the Sam Ridley Pkwy. exit  

John
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:22:08 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

killthewabbit69,you are more than welcome to join us. I will apoligize for us in advance. But yes, we have no problem with you coming there to pay the bill it's fine with us for you to come.
Charles.

For gawd's sakes, DO NOT sit between Tesnevo & Coondog!!!!  Don't ask me why or how I know!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 3/15/2006 6:36:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Thats a good question. Which one is it Bob? I didnt realize there is one at the Sam Ridley exit. But this wouldn't be the first time I was accused of missing something.
Where is it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#25]
To answer my own question:
Yes, If you are coming up 24 from Nashville take first exit to the right and you will see it up on the right.
Thank you.
You are welcome.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:11:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

could make a Sunday gathering/

Sunday morn is fine with me.

Coondog? Tesnevo?

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 3/16/2006 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Yes, If you are coming up 24 from Nashville take first exit to the right and you will see it up on the right.
Thank you.
You are welcome.

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm usually not this dense when it comes to directions, but......where exactly is this Cracker Barrel?

What exit are we talkin' about?  Lots of Barrels round these parts.

BigJohn
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:39:41 AM EDT
[#29]

Thank you.
You are welcome.

I will quote once from a very wise man.

To clarify a little, from nashville take I-24 towards chattanooga to the Sam Ridley exit 66A( bear right ) follow untill you see Cracker Barrel on the right, approx 1-2 minutes off the exit.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 12:47:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Got It  Thanks Tesnevo...........John
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:35:54 AM EDT
[#31]

Shit!

I heard the ad for the Goodman show and didn't realise there was a pope show.

Guess I'm takin' the boy there
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#32]

Went last night.  Hope yall enjoy breakfast, that the only good thing yall have to look forward to...unless you are looking for a sunset painted on a turkey feather.

I am starting to recognize individual guns from show to show, instead of just dealers.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:54:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Went last night. Hope yall enjoy breakfast, that the only good thing yall have to look forward to...unless you are looking for a sunset painted on a turkey feather.

I am starting to recognize individual guns from show to show, instead of just dealers.

It just so happens that I am looking for a sunset painted on a turkey feather, thank you very much.

I pretty well anticipate that it will suck but it gets me out with some friends and away from the house so its all good.

Thats what is so funny to me. I enjoy the "return guns" also. They try to change it around a little, different story, different case, stand, or whatever but you know its the same one. Those I like to see. It reassures me that the show will be what I expect it to be. Teh suck!
Besides we will have Bob with us this time.
You can bet your ass that will make the show more interesting.

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:46:21 PM EDT
[#34]
BOY, I sure hope they have some beef jerky and beanie babies......I got to stock up!

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Oh don't worry, I don't think you will be disappointed.

Although back in the day when the show was actually good, there was a guy that was a regular that sold buffalo jerky.
He pretty much sold out of inventory every show. It was that good.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Yeah.....I remember that guy. He was always set up in the back left corner.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:12:46 PM EDT
[#37]
If anyone ,thats coming to breakfast, has a gun value guide, could you please bring it ?

I'm thinkin' about sellin' a pistol and I would like to have an idea of what to ask for it.

BigJohn
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 8:18:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Its worth $75.00. I will bring cash.
Just make sure its clean and I expect at least 200 rounds of ammo.

You will be in the presence of several pro's in this business. So have no worries. We will help you out.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 10:35:26 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You will be in the presence of several pro's in this business. So have no worries. We will help you out.

tesnevo, will you give me $75, sight unseen for a pistol?  If so, I think I can dig up a Hi-Point or a Lorcin.  Let me drive over to Bordeaux before the show, and I'll get you as many as you can afford.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:20:50 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quoted:
tesnevo, will you give me $75, sight unseen for a pistol? If so, I think I can dig up a Hi-Point or a Lorcin. Let me drive over to Bordeaux before the show, and I'll get you as many as you can afford.

Now see, I was trying to do him a favor. From the sound of his question I deducted two things that made the gun he was selling a possibly little valuable .
1: He, and I quote, I'm thinkin' about sellin' a pistol and I would like to have an idea of what to ask for it
That tells me that if the money is right, or enough of it, he will sell it.
2: The fact that he wants a gun value book brought to look it up means its probably not the run of the mill standard item or it has a little value to it.

Now you on the other hand  OEF_VET come along and try to make me out to be a bad person by offering him $75.00 for the gun.
Then you try to further insult me by saying you can get me Hi-Points or Lorcins, as many as I want.
Well all I have to say is,  Can you really get me those pistols for $75.00?  Could I get them before the gun show ends today? How about  like 3 for $75.00?
killthewabbit69 the offer still stands but now since this has happened I might have taken advantage of you somewhat. Ill give you 85.00 for the gun and 200 rounds of ammo.

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:17:04 PM EDT
[#41]
A good time was had by all.  

Maybe next time, Tesnevo will keep his clothes on at the gun show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:37:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Glad I went saturday! This show was smaller than the first one I went to there over a year ago. No ammo components! Saw a Winchester M88 for 875 frns . Unreal prices! Can not believe dealers are still trying to push higher prices on PREBAN. Also 1440frns for a M1a nuetered version? Couple of well priced Fals. STG / Imbel/DSA sites for 950 frns.

Could not see enough of a diference with the show at the fair grounds to make the exxtra drive.
If I ever come into money I swear I'll rent a buss and take you guys and my coworkers to Dallas to see a show at Market Hall.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

If I ever come into money I swear I'll rent a buss and take you guys and my coworkers to Dallas to see a show at Market Hall.

I've always wanted to hit the Tulsa, OK show. Claims to be the world's largest?

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#44]
I did enjoy myself also.  
Especially the comment that was made by killthewabbit69 to the underage girl.

Maybe next time, Tesnevo will keep his clothes on at the gun show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Bob, less dollar bills in my thong will equal more clothes I leave on at the show.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Well Bob, less dollar bills in my thong will equal more clothes I leave on at the show.

Ewwwwww!!!!   A mental pic I could've easily done WITHOUT!!!!!!!      
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Had a great time guys.....OEF_VET thanks for hookin' me up with that great discount !

Bob....what was the of trigger company again

Tesnevo, CD..... it was nice meetin' ya'll.

Let's all go shootin' sometime soon.  

All I told her was " that never stopped me before "..of course it was in front her mother. Oh well.

The mouth moves faster than the brain sometimes.

JOHN

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 5:38:32 PM EDT
[#47]

OEF_VET thanks for hookin' me up with that great discount !

No problem, man.  It was my pleasure.

I'm really glad I didn't have to watch Bob try to get tesnevo to dance for dollars.  Y'all just leave that stuff up on the mountain.

Bob, thanks for breakfast.

Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:39:52 AM EDT
[#48]

No problem, man. It was my pleasure.

I'm really glad I didn't have to watch Bob try to get tesnevo to dance for dollars. Y'all just leave that stuff up on the mountain.
Bob, thanks for breakfast.

That still cracks me up when I hear it.
We mad a lap around before leaving looking for you OEF_VET. You were MIA. I will IM you sometime this week. I need something.

Oh yea, Thanks for breakfast Bob. Its not often someone shows their softer side in public with a generous act of kindness like you displayed yesterday.
You are a really nice guy.
For the life of me I don't understand where you got the bad rap from around here.

I guarantee no one has ever posted THAT on Arfcom before.

Once again, I enjoyed it guys. We need to hit the range soon. Also I will be posting my coyote hunt coming up soon. Probably the end of April, middle of May. You all try to make it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Had a great time guys.....OEF_VET thanks for hookin' me up with that great discount !

All I told her was " that never stopped me before "..of course it was in front her mother. Oh well.

JOHN

HA HA HA HA ...yeah.....
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:34:08 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

JOHN

Timney was one trigger we talked about.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top