Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/6/2006 4:06:28 PM EDT
I got taken off of yet another Christmas card list tonight at Krogers.

I stopped by to pick up a couple of gallons of milk & got in the Express Line. You know, 15 items or LESS!

Some dumbass female (redundant, IMO) unloaded her cart & I thought it looked a little item heavy. I didn't say anything but did count the items as the clerk ran them across the scanner. Finally, he hit 22 items & was finished.

As she handed over her check, I said in a voice loud enough to hear,

"YA BETTER CHECK THE NUMBERS ON THAT CHECK, OBVIOUSLY SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO COUNT!!!!"

The clerk (just a pimply-faced kid) was trying not to laugh, but the woman was giving me looks to kill. However, she didn't say a GD THING as she knew she was being a stupid bitch.

She grabbed her receipt & then stomped off in a huff.  

Boy, I'll miss her Christmas card this year.......................    

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Serves you right.
You need to quit picking on stupid people that cant count anyway. Ill send you one extra card this year to make up for hers if that will make you feel better.

BTW: Why did you use the self check out lane. Its quicker. Lazy ass
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Bob,
Stop pissing off the masses. See ya in about a month.
Joe
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Some dumbass female (redundant, IMO)  

Interesting point of view.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:10:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought I got behind them all. I had one years back telling the cashier he had kids out in the car, just take care of it so he could get out there to them. The more the cashier argued, the louder he got. Well finally they finished. I was walking behind him in the parking lot, watched him get in his Caddy, no kids, no one else, and pull off. Nice guy.
I've commented to cashiers about this, and have been told the management tells them to let it slide so as not to upset the customer. Which is worse, one upset jerk, or an entire line of upset shoppers. I've then gone over the the "manager" and told them if that is how they want to treat customers, that I am also one, and will no longer wait in line behind these folks, unload all my stuff where ever I find him, tell him I no longer need these items, and he can keep them.
They don't care.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#5]
People dont have consideration for others any longer . It is simply "Hooray for me , and screw you!"

Also , its those inconsiderate types who will scream and holler the loudest when they think someone has gotten over on them.

I blame the 'entitlementality' and the lack of personal accountability.

In a nutshell -Most people suck.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Ahem. I didn't use the self checkout lane, sir.    

Besides, I HATE that GD thing!  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:03:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bob,
Stop pissing off the masses. See ya in about a month.
Joe

Dude!

What kind of toys are ya bring back??????????????  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
People dont have consideration for others any longer . It is simply "Hooray for me , and screw you!"

Which is why I tend to mention something when they do this.  
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahem. I didn't use the self checkout lane, sir.    

Besides, I HATE that GD thing!  

too complicated for ya old fellar?

I bet the lettering is too small to read.  

or are ya just scared of dem fancy cipherin machines?

seriously though, the self checkouts are EVEN MORE AGGRAVATING  if you ask me.  there's always some dumb F'er there with his grocery shopping for the whole month. takes him 30 frackin minutes to check himself out.  or the guy with 6 different types of produce, and can't figure out how to ring them up!!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

seriously though, the self checkouts are EVEN MORE AGGRAVATING  if you ask me.  

What irks the shit out of me is, you have to leave all of your stuff on the carrousel until you've paid. No scanning, bagging & then placing it back in the cart.  

Besides, it's more fun to flirt with the cutie cashier than the machine, IMO.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#11]
That is false. You can put it back in the buggy. There is a button on the touch screen that says "skip bag" or some crap like that.
I push that when it gets a little full up on the baggage area.
I like to flirt with the young girl also but I am happy to skip out on it just to expedite my departure from grocery shopping.
Besides, nothing pisses people off more than when I show up in the self checkout lane with a buggy full of groceries. One guy said "Man, you ought to get a job here, it looks like you enjoy doing that." I told him "I like to keep my employment options open for the future, you never know."
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I like to flirt with the young girl also

Does your wife know this??????????????    
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
After 16 years, I really dont care.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
After 16 years, I really dont care.

More importantly, does she???????????    
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top