Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2006 1:11:54 PM EDT
I have shot all over the Southwest and never seen so many DumbAss shooters in my life as I did today! I know not all Tn'ers are DA and this crowd is above the herd in gunskills. After being swept with a rifle for the second time during a cease fire , I lit a fire under the HUNTER next to me. Bad part was his 11 or 12 year old kid was there. Strongest language on my part at first was to call him a DumbAss.
Told MR DA to learn some gun handling skills or stay home. He then tells me to mind my own business. Then its my turn to tell the DF**Ker it is my business when my life is threatened. Told him to learn some gun Manners, and not to be handling weapons during a cease fire. His typical reply was -Who the F**k are you and if I don't like it to go back to where I came from.
This burns my ass more than anything as I am of Cherokee descent.Told MR DA to go F**k himself and he then gets up like he is going to hit me. Some of yall have meet me and know that I train regular in Wado Ryu Karate. Last thing I want is to actually hit this DA in front of his kid. So I keep on asking him if he was that F**cking stupid. He gets with in a foot of my face and acts like he was going to hit me with both fist pulled back with his chest puffed up. Agian I ask if he is that FN stupid.
Finally he goes back to his bench and acts like I am afraid of him. So I run my mouth some more about dumbass hill billies and if he knows how to read and such.
He then starts to bitch about my army gun (FAL). I was there to sight in my Aimpoint Reddot. Everone is watching and some one ask if the line was HOt and My reply was that I was allready.
Never Again will I go back there on a weekend.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:27:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I stopped going there three years ago because of people like that.  Ever time I would go there someone would walk out to check their targets while the line was hot.  Seemed like half the folks that showed up there had no brain.  I'm surprised no one has been killed yet.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have shot all over the Southwest and never seen so many DumbAss shooters in my life as I did today! I know not all Tn'ers are DA and this crowd is above the herd in gunskills. After being swept with a rifle for the second time during a cease fire , I lit a fire under the HUNTER next to me. Bad part was his 11 or 12 year old kid was there. Strongest language on my part at first was to call him a DumbAss.
Told MR DA to learn some gun handling skills or stay home. He then tells me to mind my own business. Then its my turn to tell the DF**Ker it is my business when my life is threatened. Told him to learn some gun Manners, and not to be handling weapons during a cease fire. His typical reply was -Who the F**k are you and if I don't like it to go back to where I came from.
This burns my ass more than anything as I am of Cherokee descent.Told MR DA to go F**k himself and he then gets up like he is going to hit me. Some of yall have meet me and know that I train regular in Wado Ryu Karate. Last thing I want is to actually hit this DA in front of his kid. So I keep on asking him if he was that F**cking stupid. He gets with in a foot of my face and acts like he was going to hit me with both fist pulled back with his chest puffed up. Agian I ask if he is that FN stupid.
Finally he goes back to his bench and acts like I am afraid of him. So I run my mouth some more about dumbass hill billies and if he knows how to read and such.
He then starts to bitch about my army gun (FAL). I was there to sight in my Aimpoint Reddot. Everone is watching and some one ask if the line was HOt and My reply was that I was allready.
Never Again will I go back there on a weekend.

Man,that SUCKS! Sorry you had to experience something like that. I wll probably not go there anymore as I REALLY don't likehavng to pay to shoot. If I'm going to pay,I'll go to the Long hunter state park range.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Where do you start when this subject comes up- paying to shoot or watching the DA's do their thing.

I am conflicted about having to pay.  On the one hand I don't like it and wish we didn't have to; however, on the other hand I can see why they imposed the fee.  A few (several) months ago the DA's shot up the place and wrecked some of the tables.  Typically, the place looks like a trash heap because some DA's can't seem to remember "If you pack it in - pack it out" - at least police it up and put the trash in the dumpster.  The target stands are all shot up because some can't hit the broad side of a barn and others just feel GOOD about shooting them.

Now for the DA's....  Was out there one day shooting as long as it goes and noticed a DA and his girl friend at the pistol side range.  The line is HOT and we are doing our thing when I noticed Mr. DA and friend about 3 feet from the pistol target line doing some close order drills.  Now granted, they were off to the side and all that but they were still 20 yards in front of a HOT line.  I called for a cease fire and then asked him if he would mind moving back.  He, of course, was offended, and proceeded to discuss my family up-bringing, my love for my mother and other things.  When he wanted to demonstrate his physical prowess, I had to demonstrate some other credentials I have and asked him to reconsider; which, to his credit, he did and packed up and left.  We all there were better off with him gone.

I like it early in the day during the week when you don't have a lot of DA's there.  There are plenty of reasponsible shooters to make it worth while but you do see a fair number of DA's at times.

Be safe and remember:  Gun control is hitting what you are aiming at.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 4:47:16 PM EDT
[#4]
While I have chewed an ass or two there, I've never had anyone give me any grief back over it. Maybe it was the .45 I had on my hip or the fact he knew he really was in the worng?????  

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:06:41 AM EDT
[#5]
What's scarry is that these inbred morons have guns.

Though I despise EVERY gun control law ever written (the Second Amedment does not contain the word "except"), congresscritters LOVE them.

It's going to come to the point where some kind of "common sense" test is madatory for gun ownership.  What stinks is we may have to accept it, even embrace it, to keep them from outright banning all guns.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What's scarry is that these inbred morons have guns.

Though I despise EVERY gun control law ever written (the Second Amedment does not contain the word "except"), congresscritters LOVE them.

It's going to come to the point where some kind of "common sense" test is madatory for gun ownership.  What stinks is we may have to accept it, even embrace it, to keep them from outright banning all guns.

There is no such thing as "common sense" gun control laws. Never accept any that they try to pass. If you give an inch they will take a  mile.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:50:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It's going to come to the point where some kind of "common sense" test is madatory for gun ownership.  

Get back to me when they start testing before breeding. That one I will  go along with.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Bob I am having a hard enough time not slamming Tn Settlers as it is. Your last reply is KILLING ME. After having time to think this over ,what is really sad about this whole thing is under diferent times Mr DA could have been a new friend. Here he was trying to pass on a heritage of hunting to his son, and me the evil outsider with a evil Army gun messed it all up.
After MrDA left I talked to some of the other shooters and all most all where New Shooters who did not have a clue what to do!
This was a missed oppurtunite to spread a lot of seed for the future. I was just to pissed off to continue. FYI Aimpoints on a Fal rule.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Dumbass was just embarrassed for you. You know with you having that Aimpoint on a fal and all.

Where to start,,,,for years I have been going there. I have had many times where I have had to verbally correct actions of others without the hesitation of carrying it further. For the safety of myself and the safety of the other shooters.
Muzzle sweeps, walking down line when its hot, standing in front of the benches/shooting lines during live fire, quick draw competitions among playing teens from their waistbands, throwing bottles in the air and trying to shoot them down, snatch/grab/run/walk away with firearms while you are downrange,crossing paths of shooting lanes and many others stupid ass things.
With the new system in place (pay to shoot) it is supposed to keep the place clean and also keep Randy there more often and also have some one there full time. Now if this happens the things will be better. But unfortunately only time will tell.
I have a strict policy on going to this range as of about four/five years ago. No less than two of us go at a time. When we are clear we are faced at opposite directions and during live fire one of us is always standing back observing. This has proven to be beneficial on more than one occasion.
I love the range and the area.
It is peaceful, beautiful, a nice drive and far enough from Nashville that no one will come by and bother us while we are there at a "business meeting" . If we get tired of shooting, then we go four wheeling.
My long point is this, I know you cant do anything about some of the stupid inbred fuckers that come there. But don't let one incident keep you away. It's not worth it.
Besides there is not many other open ranges around.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 1:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

After MrDA left I talked to some of the other shooters and all most all where New Shooters who did not have a clue what to do!

I'm betting they may have one now?????    
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 9:16:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dumbass was just embarrassed for you. You know with you having that Aimpoint on a fal and all.

Where to start,,,,for years I have been going there. I have had many times where I have had to verbally correct actions of others without the hesitation of carrying it further. For the safety of myself and the safety of the other shooters.
Muzzle sweeps, walking down line when its hot, standing in front of the benches/shooting lines during live fire, quick draw competitions among playing teens from their waistbands, throwing bottles in the air and trying to shoot them down, snatch/grab/run/walk away with firearms while you are downrange,crossing paths of shooting lanes and many others stupid ass things.
With the new system in place (pay to shoot) it is supposed to keep the place clean and also keep Randy there more often and also have some one there full time. Now if this happens the things will be better. But unfortunately only time will tell.
I have a strict policy on going to this range as of about four/five years ago. No less than two of us go at a time. When we are clear we are faced at opposite directions and during live fire one of us is always standing back observing. This has proven to be beneficial on more than one occasion.
I love the range and the area.
It is peaceful, beautiful, a nice drive and far enough from Nashville that no one will come by and bother us while we are there at a "business meeting" . If we get tired of shooting, then we go four wheeling.
My long point is this, I know you cant do anything about some of the stupid inbred fuckers that come there. But don't let one incident keep you away. It's not worth it.
Besides there is not many other open ranges around.

Speaking of shooting and 4 wheeling....whne are we gonna do that again?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top