Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 7:34:41 AM EDT
According to TN law, is it ok for a seller from another state to ship a firearm to Tennessee so long as they have a FAXED COPY of the TN FFL or do they have to have an ORIGINAL FFL copy?

I tried to search this site but couldn't find an answer.  Thanks in advance for any help/advice.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Fax is legal everywhere, according to the BATF. They just sent a letter out about a week ago about this.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#2]
You've got it backwards, the *buyer* provides the FFL or at least the number for an EZ check. In fact, nowhere in the law does a FFL copy/fax, etc. have to be sent from the buyer. As long as the firearm is *received* by an FFL and a transfer is done, that is all that is required for an out of state purchase.

If it is a C&R, then that is different.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:39:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for the help!  I just talked to my FFL (finally after the third call!) & he confirmed that he could now fax a copy.

Maybe this topic would be a good "sticky" post?  I'm sure there are others that are going to have this exact same question from time to time in the TN forum...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top