Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 7:39:03 PM EDT
Hello
Today my wife received a email with a offer to buy some property in Wilson Co. Tenn, and I wanted to ask or find out is Tenn. Class three/NFA friendly and what is the CCW laws as far as getting one and where can and can't I carry. Any one that would like to help me out it will be appreciated.

Thanks all!

L2S
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:07:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Packing.org can help you out.  

Were a class III and assault weapons friendly state for the moment.  Good luck if you decide to buy some property down here.  I dont know much about that area, but its a nice place in the mountains.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help I assume all NFA goes thru the CLEO to sign off on. I found the CCW stuff just seems high at $115.00 when here its like $50.00 for 5 years
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, all NFA goes through the CLEO to sign off.  However, by state law, the CLEO can't arbitrarily decide not to sign it.  They can only deny it if you are legally barred from owning a firearm.  If you can pass a NCIB check to purchase a handgun, you can own an NFA weapon here in TN.

Yeah, the Handgun Carry Permit fee might seem high, but, IIRC, Florida's is pretty much the same price. That doesn't excuse the high fee, but just shows that it isn't unheard of.

I would second the suggestion to check out packing.org for the best source of CCW info on the 'net.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 8:43:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, all NFA goes through the CLEO to sign off.  However, by state law, the CLEO can't arbitrarily decide not to sign it.  They can only deny it if you are legally barred from owning a firearm.  If you can pass a NCIB check to purchase a handgun, you can own an NFA weapon here in TN.

Yeah, the Handgun Carry Permit fee might seem high, but, IIRC, Florida's is pretty much the same price. That doesn't excuse the high fee, but just shows that it isn't unheard of.

I would second the suggestion to check out packing.org for the best source of CCW info on the 'net.

I checked out packing.org and it looks like there are a few steps to get the CCW but with a $50.00 renewal thats not too bad The NFA thing I will work on. I know we want to check out the county before we make any payments to move there I am also looking into getting my FFL so that might help somewhere along the way

Thanks all
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
They are great, go to packing.org like the others said. You will love it
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#6]
do any of yall have privite/group shoots anywhere close to wilson I have been talking to another board member so yall might end up with two of us
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:23:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
do any of yall have privite/group shoots anywhere close to wilson I have been talking to another board member so yall might end up with two of us

A few of us are trying to put one together sometime soon at Natchez Trace. The range is okay and usually empty, except before deer season.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A few of us are trying to put one together sometime soon at Natchez Trace. The range is okay and usually empty, except before deer season.

Natchez Trace has a awesome pistol range ,me and zoe17 are regulars at the Trace. IM me or him for directions and lets get a good one going . Natchez Trace is just off exit 108 from I-40.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Wilson county sucks! Sheriffs deptpartment is corrupt and the cops are brutal. Wilson is the new bedroom community that every one commutes to Nashville from. The Land is real pretty and this is where East TN begins. IMHO. Oldest 2 kids grew up there and I had problems getting my visitation enforced. Locals are very bitter towards all new comers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:37:28 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wilson county sucks! Sheriffs deptpartment is corrupt and the cops are brutal. Wilson is the new bedroom community that every one commutes to Nashville from. The Land is real pretty and this is where East TN begins. IMHO. Oldest 2 kids grew up there and I had problems getting my visitation enforced. Locals are very bitter towards all new comers.

We are not big into lots of people so that part might be alright. I just stay in my lane and hope other folks get the idea to do the same.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 7:26:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They are great, go to packing.org like the others said. You will love it

+1 Overall, Tennessee is very accepting of any and all guns, there are even some local sherriffs that give the necessary handgun safety class for free, so that more people are encouraged to carry. Still have to pay the 115 though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top