Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2006 5:41:11 PM EDT
My parents are going to be moving to Nashville in the very near future like the end of the month.  My dad has just received a job out there and he will be there for a few months before my Mom moves out. Now here is the tricky part, They need to find a place to live or at least build by the end of the month or at the latest the middle part of next month.

Do any of you know of a creditable realtor that they can use? The ones they have found have not been very helpful at all. They are looking for about 2-5 acres costing no more than 50,000$ then they will have a house built (they would prefer to build than buy a preexisting house).  So far they have been told that what they want is impossible.  The area they are looking in are the Mari, Ruthersford, Davidson, and Williamson counties (If I misspelled the Counties please forgive me I am unfamiliar with any of them).  If any of you can give me any help I would greatly appreciate it.  

The reason they want to build is because of the amount of cars that they have, most of them show cars and some works in progress. Most places they have found wont let them have that many cars or will not allow the truck and car trailer due to the covenance or HOA. Any help would really help out!!

Thanks for any info you can give me!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
they are looking in are the Mari, Ruthersford, Davidson, and Williamson counties

Where is that county?

You might want to try Wilson county, but as the realtors have already told you, it ain't going to be cheap. It sounds like the realtors are not being helpful due to the possibility of what you are looking for just doesn't exist. Any realtor worth his salt wants to make a sale and get the commission which leads me to the guess that it is going to take them a loooong time (if ever) to meet your parameters.

Just a guess.

You might just try calling some more realtors. You can always Google for real estate listings in Nashville and surrounding counties as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#2]
2-5 acres in Williamson County is more than likely not gonna happen. Land around here has gone through the roof the past two years. To give you an idea, most developing areas in Williamson County is going for at least $80k/acre. I agree with the previous poster about Wilson County. Rutherford County is another good option.

This is the realtor I used and we were pleased with her. She is in Rutherford County and knows the area well:

Coldwell Banker Snow & Wall
Sheila Creviston
Murfreesboro TN
Phone: (615) 893-1130
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
2-5 acres in Williamson County is more than likely not gonna happen. Land around here has gone through the roof the past two years. To give you an idea, most developing areas in Williamson County is going for at least $80k/acre. I agree with the previous poster about Wilson County. Rutherford County is another good option.

This is the realtor I used and we were pleased with her. She is in Rutherford County and knows the area well:

Coldwell Banker Snow & Wall
Sheila Creviston
Murfreesboro TN
Phone: (615) 893-1130

Thanks for the info!! I know it may not be possiable but they couldnt even get any one to suggest other options with them.  I am just looking for some one who will at least talk to them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#4]
My dad is a realtor in Rutherford county, IM sent.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#5]
I would suggest renting for a month or two to see where they want to live.

BTW, it's Maury Co.  

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If they can go a little more rural, Cannon Co. just east of Rutherford, is pretty reasonable.  8 five acre tracts near me sold about 6 months age for less than 4k per acre.  There is a 27 acre tract, FSBO for just under 100k about 2 miles away.

About 50 miles SE of downtown Nashville.

IM if I can be of help.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#7]
I could give you a password and username for a website where you can get information on properties like sales, leins, previous owners, sq feet, utilities, land value, etc etc.

But it wouldnt be my little secret anymore.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
www.realtracs.com

mls # 736085

I IM'd you this stuff earlier, but thought maybe someone else might like to see it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:35:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.realtracs.com

mls # 736085

I IM'd you this stuff earlier, but thought maybe someone else might like to see it.

Thanks again. I will pass the onfo on to them. They leave here on the 21st and will be out there for a month before coming back to get stuff in order here and the the big move will happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top