Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:10:25 AM EDT
I am looking at acquiring some property in the Greeneville area and was wondering if anybody on here was from that area.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty rural area, generally speaking. Lots of mountains, mountain folk, etc.

What did you wish to know, sir?

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am looking at acquiring some property in the Greeneville area and was wondering if anybody on here was from that area.

Thanks.

Pretty country, good land in that area. Green County is generally rolling farm land that moves in to the foot of the mountains.

Lots of streams… near 2 lakes, you can catch everything from bass in the lakes to trout in the mountain streams. Good hunting… turkey, deer, bear.

Less than a hour to Knoxville a little more to Ashville.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:35:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information so far.  In addition to to what has already been posted, I am interested in school information (how are the county / city schools?), potential crime, quality of life for moving a small family from Florida.

And anything else anyone would like to add.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 6:14:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Greenville is a quaint little town. The downtown area is quite picturesqe as I recall.

The rural areas just outside of Greenville are very pretty too. Views of the nearby mtns., etc.

I would have to think the crime rate is pretty low there.

The good thing is that for the larger city things some people like, both Knoxville and Morristown are not that far away. Morristown is closer but Knoxville is about 45 min. to an hour away as I recall.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:01:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Greenville is a quaint little town. The downtown area is quite picturesqe as I recall.

The rural areas just outside of Greenville are very pretty too. Views of the nearby mtns., etc.

+1

Schools will vary, depending on the usual factors: teachers & principals, etc.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Schools will vary, depending on the usual factors: teachers & principals, etc.

Bulls Gap is in Hawkins County… Hawkins County schools suck.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hard to argue with such a detailed, logical assessment.    
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 6:53:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The truth is the truth.

I have lived in Hawkins County on and off for 43 years... to say the Hawkins County Schools just suck is being kind. The Hawkins County schools have always been bad. Up until recent years it was common for NO ONE on the Hawkins County school board to have a collage education. They are better than they were but that still is not good.

My parents thank God fixed so we went elsewhere.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The truth is the truth.

I have lived in Hawkins County on and off for 43 years... to say the Hawkins County Schools just suck is being kind. The Hawkins County schools have always been bad. Up until recent years it was common for NO ONE on the Hawkins County school board to have a collage education. They are better than they were but that still is not good.

My parents thank God fixed so we went elsewhere.

That man speaks the truth......Theres always somthing in the paper about Hawkins County schools Grades and averages are really low.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:34:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I didn't realize that Bulls gap was in Hawkins County.  We will be staying within Greene County.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I didn't realize that Bulls gap was in Hawkins County.  We will be staying within Greene County.

It is but not by much.

Bulls Gap is in the very lower southwest corner of Hawkins County right on the borders of Green and Hamblen Counties. So anything to the south is Green, anything west Hamblen.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:48:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I live in southern Greene Co.  Greeneville and Greene Co suit me just fine.  I prefer a small town since I grew up in one.  Keep in mind that the amenities here will reflect that but Knoxville and Johnson City are both close enough (within 60 - 75 min) for day trips and both have much more to offer in the way or services and goods.  Do you know the particular area that you are interested in?  I would prefer the area between 11E and I81 as it will be more convient both to town and the interstate for travel.  If you have any other questions feel free to contact me and I will try to answer.  Good luck in your search.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the info guys.

It looks like we might be putting off the purchase for a few months.  But, I am still looking in case a great deal comes up.

intimidator_3, would you rather have me IM you?  I wouldn't want you to have to unnecessarily increase your daily post count above "0.04 posts per day".

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:04:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Either way is fine, email is probably better.

I am a master lurker and believe that a lower post count make you more HSLD.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top