Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/16/2006 9:06:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:43:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Im going to be looking at a job offer back in  the great state of TN ( I used to live in Johnson City 3 years ago) next week.  Can anyone give me the low down on shooting activities locally.  I used to shoot IDPA a bunch, but now almost never and Ive moved back into long range stuff OK has plenty of room for the ar-50, and the NFA bug as a pretty good hold of me as well.

Thanks,

Jim

I'm not sure about the longrange stuff as my memory isn't working too well as of this moment, BUT, BobCole and I have talked several times about going and doing some somewhere. He knows for sure.
For IDPA,McMinville has a club that runs matches about every weekend . Pretty much, depending on what your bank account allows for gas and what time you have, you can shoot just about every weekend in a match somewhere in TN. I was looking at Dickson and McMinville for all of my competition needs. I have yet to follow through with it as of yet.
Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Oak Ridge offers some lng range rifle matches. IDPA/IPSC is all over TN, just check the web site for local contacts. Arnold AFB in Tullahoma also offers long range shooting, up to & including 1000 yards.

BTW, Coondog can't shoot for shit, he HAS to use a scope!!!!!!!    
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:15:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Highpower rifle matches (long range and across the course) are constantly held in several locations in TN. Tullahoma, Oak Ridge, Memphis, Cookeville, Chattanooga and Columbia.

Oak Ridge and Tullahoma (AEDC) are the only ones with up to a 1000 yard range.

Chattanooga goes up to 500 yards.

Memphis goes up to 600 yards.

Columbia is 200 yards.

Cookeville is 100 yards.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Is there much available locally in or with 30 minutes of Mcminnville?

www.midtnshooters.com in Manchester has IDPA & 3 Gun. Good guys there!  

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:31:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Is there much available locally in or with 30 minutes of Mcminnville?

The AEDC range at Tullahoma is about 30 minutes from McMinnville. They shoot both highpower and F class there.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I live there, IM me if you have any questions.

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top