Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2006 11:27:36 AM EDT
In conjunction with Black History Month, the Clarksville, TN NAACP has launched a "task force" to examine whether or not too many black youths are being held in juvenile detention centers.

Why? Well, it seems that 70% of the youths held in the centers are black & 59% of them are held over to adult courts, yet TN has only a 20% black population.

This "task force" will "review" county & state laws & may "suggest" new laws. It would seem that they want black thugs to not get punished for the same crimes as their non-black counterpart thugs??? Having said that, I wonder how they will look at a kid who is 1/2 black, will he/she fall under the new black "catch & release" proposed law changes or will they fall under the white "catch & go to jail" programs?

It would seem to me that if the NAACP put their efforts into mentoring & teaching black teens, they wouldn't be needing this "task force"????? Nah, that would make too much GD sense!!!    
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 8:04:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Personal responsibility is the antithesis of the welfare state.  The really sad thing is that, instead of supporting MLK's idea that everyone would be judged on their own merit, the modern NAACP supports this tripe.  They are pissing on his grave and calling it rain.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Personal responsibility is the antithesis of the welfare state.  The really sad thing is that, instead of supporting MLK's idea that everyone would be judged on their own merit, the modern NAACP supports this tripe.  They are pissing on his grave and calling it rain.

Yup.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:59:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup.

Yep
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:42:24 AM EDT
[#4]
It's nothing but reverse racism now.  I a black kid gets busted we should let him go 'cause his daddy in jail an his momma a crack head.  But if any other kid gets nabbed through him in jail.

I think the NAACP is as bad as the ACLU.  I don't see a National Association for the Advancement of White People.  Or a National Association for the advancement of Hispanics People.  Yes I'm hispanic and a moderate Republican.  This whole racism thing is really getting on my nerves.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I think the NAACP is as bad as the ACLU.  

The ACLU is light years behind the NAACP, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 I don't see a National Association for the Advancement of White People.

Nope, that'd be racist and we cant have that, now can we?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:50:31 AM EDT
[#7]

I don't see a National Association for the Advancement of White People.

Google it, you might be surprised.  IIRC, David Duke was the founder.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top