Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2006 2:07:13 PM EDT
BigJohn here.....Any of you knoxville guys know the address or phone number for Coal Creek Armory.  I'll be swingin' through K-town tomorrow and I would like to check it out. Any directions from the interstate would be a big help too.  Any other shops in the area that I need to check out ?
Mainly lookin' for black rifle stuff. Thanx for any help........................BigJohn
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#1]
they must have not renewed their domain name.  Here is their website.  They are right off I40 on Lovell Rd.  If you are headed west bound 40 get off on Lovell, hang a right at the exit ramp light and go right at the next light, go about 150 yds make a left and you will see it on the left.  East bound 40 get off on Lovell and go left at the exit ramp light.  Hang a right at the 2nd light then a left.  You will be able to see it.  The have a large sign on top of the building.

I used to work a mile down the road and was in there shooting over christmas.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#2]
They have a lot of good AR stuff.  Lowers for $109.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:27:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the help guys....I knew I could count on ya'll.  Time to go put a dent in the credit card.

BigJohn
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:30:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I was just in there last night.

They have 9 Rock River stripped lowers and 4 from Superior Arms, whoever they are. All are forged, the SA ones are forged as well as teflon coated. The SA ones are $99 and the RR are $109.

Quite a decent selection of Glocks and Sigs and Kimbers. No used guns to speak of. Actually Guns and More has a much larger selection.

CCA's phone number is 966-4545 as I recall.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 5:45:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Dang 109 for a RRA is good.  Cheapest stripped lower they had over Christmas was like 159.  I noticed there prices in general seemed resonable/fair when I was in there.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:48:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys.....BigJohn again.  That's a way cool gun shop.  Now they only have 6 Rock River lowers. Some good deals on .223 ammo, also. Man, that shop was packed full of people on a Tuesday nite! Everyone waitin' to get on the range I guess. Anyway thanks again for the directions. Got some gun buildin' to start.

BigJohn

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I had  a set of night sights installed and did some shooting there back before they renamed to Coal Creek.  Nice & professional guys, great gunsmithing on my sights while I waited, and the range was well-run.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I had  a set of night sights installed and did some shooting there back before they renamed to Coal Creek.  Nice & professional guys, great gunsmithing on my sights while I waited, and the range was well-run.

That was under the old owners, Guncraft Sports .

Consider yourself lucky you got treated right.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Tuesday night is lady's night (they shoot free) and it's usually packed.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Tuesday night is lady's night (they shoot free) and it's usually packed.  

And stacked!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Definitely lucky.  Especially since you said they did it while you waited.

I went in there one time to see if there gunsmith had a screw that would fit a Novak sight on a 1911 and they tried to charge me $5.  I was like, its just a tiny little screw and they were trying to charge me the gunsmith's labor rate on how long it took him to find one.  I got it for $2 since that was all the cash I had on hand.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#12]
You're not kiddin'. The tall blond in there is built like a brick chithouse. took me ten minutes to pick my jaw up off the floor. Whoa!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Your not talking about the one that has a deeper voice than most men are you?????  Can't be the same one.

[Dybinski from Coach] Hey guys what can I do for you?[Dybinski from Coach}

(Jaw hits floor and I get my brother to help me pick it up).  We're here to shoot.......

Yeah she was stacked, but I think she might have been packing if you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Yeah she was stacked, but I think she might have been packing if you know what I mean.

+1 on that.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:30:24 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yes, thanks for the refresher.  At the time...1994'ish...I was living just off Lovell Rd and the place was conveniently located.  I only went there the one time, did most of my shooting in West TN.

I'm glad the place is under solid and friendly (and HOT it sounds like!!) management now, hate to see a poorly-run gun business and I'm getting plenty of experience w/ that here in New Jersey.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:36:57 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
You're not kiddin'. The tall blond in there is built like a brick chithouse. took me ten minutes to pick my jaw up off the floor. Whoa!

Are you talking about Tamara?  Usually wears a b-ball cap.
Regular over at thehighroad.org.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep thats her.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top