Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2006 7:00:45 AM EDT
I was wondering if there was a free 100 yard rifle range (maybe pistol too) around Jackson or preferably Selmer area.

Any help would be appreciated....

Also...any place to buy reloading supplies??
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 1:14:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Natchez Trace State Park in Lexington, they have both and its free
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 2:58:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Dam.....THANKS!!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dam.....THANKS!!

NO problem, when you get ready to go, the park is only about 10 miles from my house, IM me and ill get a couple of other local members and we will throw some lead
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:18:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dam.....THANKS!!

NO problem, when you get ready to go, the park is only about 10 miles from my house, IM me and ill get a couple of other local members and we will throw some lead

oh, no, the dueling banjos are playing, man dont' fall for his trick.
It has been a while since the last shoot, let me know when I play along.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dam.....THANKS!!

oh, no, the dueling banjos are playing, man dont' fall for his trick.
Lets get it working
It has been a while since the last shoot, let me know when I play along.

Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:23:50 PM EDT
[#6]
I looked online, does the park allow centerfire rifles?  Might be worth the drive from memphis if they do.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:05:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I looked online, does the park allow centerfire rifles?  Might be worth the drive from memphis if they do.  

Yeah, thats where most hunters around here sight in their rifles, 50 or 100 yd with a covered awning and shooting bench.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

How can you have guns in a state park? I thought you weren't allowed to even carry concealed in a state park? There are no state parks in Shelby or Tipton county where you can shoot or hunt with any centerfire or rimfire cartridges. Shotshells only here.

I'm confused.  Please elaborate.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:19:12 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can you have guns in a state park? I thought you weren't allowed to even carry concealed in a state park? There are no state parks in Shelby or Tipton county where you can shoot or hunt with any centerfire or rimfire cartridges. Shotshells only here.

I'm confused.  Please elaborate.
You cant carry there, or have a loaded gun im sure. But its a 10,000 acre park with three lakes, covers four counties and people come from all over the state and other states to hunt deer and turkey there. They have a very nice firing range, we all need to get together and go some time . Its about 5 miles off exit 116 off I-40. IM me or zoe17, we are both regulars there, Also some excellent campgrounds and RV parks beside Pin Oak lake.

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/parks/NatchezTrace/

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I camp there in the RV park from April to November. I Carry, the warden knows it and does not care. The firing range has NO restrictions, I have done night shoots with the park LEO when the range was supposed to be closed after dark.

Hydrashock and I have been shooting here for years. My average session is 600-800 rounds through my different AR's plus another 300-400 in .45 ACP. We do trasition drills, draw fire, MArine Combat Course style shooting, move & shoot. We have a fun and SAFE time.

We should put together a shoot for us in West TN, if we wait until spring I will bring my rig and camp and we could havea small W.TN AR shoot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 6:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like a sweet idea
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds like a sweet idea

Lets get it together, IM me or zoe17
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 6:44:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like a sweet idea

Yeah, what he said.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like a sweet idea

Yeah, what he said.

i am feeling left out here, zoe and hydro can both kiss my ass.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm there. LMK
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like a sweet idea

Yeah, what he said.

i am feeling left out here, zoe and hydro can both kiss my ass.

Look who stubled into the hometown forum.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:19:44 PM EDT
[#17]
i dont get in here enough. just go to the GD by default.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
i dont get in here enough. just go to the GD by default.

Stay out of the EE and visit me and zoe17 sometime
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top