Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 9:57:58 AM EDT
Back from Egypt!  Here are a few pics

Just a few pics that I thought that I would post.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Awesome pics!  Nasty assed snakes!
Welcome back home.
So, how long was the flight there?
Whats up with all of the fog there? Is it smoke from all of the opium dens?
How did everyone treat you?
How was the food?
What did you do there?
Details DAMNIT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Awesome pics!  Nasty assed snakes!
Welcome back home.
So, how long was the flight there?
Whats up with all of the fog there? Is it smoke from all of the opium dens?
How did everyone treat you?
How was the food?
What did you do there?
Details DAMNIT!!!!!!!

I was there a little over a week.  

The flight was a long assed flight.  About 9hrs to Amsterdam and then 4 1/2 hours to Cairo.  Took about 30 hours to get back with layovers.

That isnt fog that you are seeing but smog.  Lots of old assed cars running around that would never pass an inspection.  

We were treated well by the locals, for the most part were very friendly and were only interested in seeing us leave our money behind.  

The food was pretty good.  I did not go off the beaten track though looking for local cuisine.  The only person on my cruise that did this had food poisioning for 3 days.

I was there playing tourist.  One would have thought that I was Japanese with the ammount of time that my camera spent infront of my face.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 8:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Thats pretty cool man! Damn those are some big snakes.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Glad you're back bud.

Thanks for posting the pics.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#5]
They've got pyramids there, too?
How about that!

Welcome back.

HKO
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:16:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool pics, love those of the pyramids and the sphinx. Seeing them is on my list
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They would be a lot more impressive without the smog, camel shit, camel jockies, and all of the trash scattered all over the place.  I kid you not, you a boyscout troop could spend years cleaning up that place before you could tell the difference.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:38:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They would be a lot more impressive without the smog, camel shit, camel jockies, and all of the trash scattered all over the place.  I kid you not, you a boyscout troop could spend years cleaning up that place before you could tell the difference.

Oh, hell yes!  I know of what you speak, but Cairo looks like an awesome place to visit.  Have any time in Amsterdam?  A buddy of mine knows this Greek girl there....

Great photos, man.  I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oh, hell yes!  I know of what you speak, but Cairo looks like an awesome place to visit.  Have any time in Amsterdam?  A buddy of mine knows this Greek girl there....

Great photos, man.  I'm jealous.

Spent a little time in Amsterdam on the way over, on the way back we arrived there too early in the morning to go exploring and it was raining cats and dogs.  

It was pretty nice the little amount of time that I spent there though.  Took a canal tour and then went exploring the head shops.  That and I spent a lot of time gawking at all of the beautiful women there.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 6:05:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I spent a week in D.C. back in 1988, sounds about the same, but id still like to go back someday
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top