Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 8:37:21 AM EDT
Looking to start my collection and I am buying all my weapons at once and ar15, fn-fal, glock 30,springfield xd in 40.cal and an wasr and looking for the best selection, prices and gunsmiths in nashvil area or close to it help if possible, hooahhug.gif
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No one shop will be your one-stop shop for what you're looking for, IMO. Your best bet for selection & price are the gun shows in Smyrna. They just had one last week. Some of the local shops carry stock heavy on the AR or FAL family, other shops lean more towards a standard retail & some (Bass Pro) are outright PC in their stocking models.

There's a few gunsmiths in the area. The best by far is Jeff Walle out at Specialty Arms, LaVergne. Seems like there's a gunsmith out at Franklin Gun Shop, maybe????

Academy sports offer some good deals once in a while, although I've never bought there.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would check with Franklin Gun Shop.  I was just there the other day and I know I saw some AR-15's and I thought I saw a FAL but I could be wrong.  They do have a gunsmith as well.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 11:45:00 AM EDT
[#3]
It really depends on what you are looking for in terms of where to shop. If I'm going by price alone, I'll order from Triune Saddle Shop (http://saddleshop.bizland.com/webeguns.htm). If I want to order that hard to find item, I'll go to Franklin Gun Shop (get ready to pay). If I want a long gun and want selection, I'll go down to Grants in Dalton, GA. If I want a good price on tactical weapons, check out Law Enforcement Equipment Corp. on 8th Ave....Nobody beat their prices when I ordered my Rem. 700 LTR.

As for gunsmiths, I have used Lock, Stock and Barrel in Franklin. They do good work but the gunsmith at Specialty Arms in LaVergne has come highly recommended. Rocky at Franklin Gun also seems to do good work. Prices on gunsmith work seem pretty standard.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]
datruth,
I think I read you are in the snadbox right now (me too).  If so then the closest gun store I know of is on Franklin St next to Blackhorse.  I haven't bought from them, but they seem to be good guys.  Before I left I bought a Kimber TLE II from Guns and Leather in Greebrier, near Springfield.  Those guys are great (Dennis is the owner) and gave me a sweet deal on my gun.  Paid 700 for the brand new Kimber and he gave me 475 on trade for a several year old "well loved" USP .45 (most places I asked were only willing to give 350 for it).  Anyway it was a great experience with them and closer than Nashville.  I am ordering my RRA lower through them in a couple weeks.  Oh and they also have an indoor, computerized target range at the store.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Bigjohn here.....Way to go to you guys in sandbox! Try to keep your tailends down and stay safe. I just got out after 22 yrs in the air force and army reserve. I was in the sandbox on the first go round, but got as far Kuwait this time around.  Any way, I highly recommend "Bob Pope's show" in Smyrna. It worth the wait. The next one is March18-19, 2006, then Aug. 26-27. Franklin Gun shop has an awesome selection and the prices aren't too high. Specialty Arms in Lavergne has a nice selection of AR's as well as other guns too. They have got the best gunsmith in town. The Reloader's Bench in Mt. Juliet aint to bad either, if you can stand the cigarette smoke.

Again stay safe.................Bigjohn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top