Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2005 3:41:44 PM EDT
I was at the Cheatham TWRA range today, shooting with a buddy of mine. The guy next to us had a couple of boys & another man with him, sighting in what looked to be deer rifles. Lieing across the arms of his chair, covering my buddy & me at the end of the line was his muzzleloader.

When they got back from posting their targets my buddy asked him to please point his muzzle down range. The guy started with the "it's aint' loaded, it's safe, yada yada yada" bullshit. I then said, "Ok, if a muzzle won't bother you, I'll point my .45 at your face & we'll ask you how you like it, eh?"  

He then moved his muzzle downrange w/o another word.

A perfect example of why I always go armed at an unsupervised range.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
When they got back from posting their targets my buddy asked him to please point his muzzle down range. The guy started with the "it's aint' loaded, it's safe, yada yada yada" bullshit. I then said, "Ok, if a muzzle won't bother you, I'll point my .45 at your face & we'll ask you how you like it, eh?"  

He then moved his muzzle downrange w/o another word.

A perfect example of why I always go armed at an unsupervised range.

Obviously this dumbass did not attend a TWRA hunter education course. This is a violation of one of the cardinal rules of safety. Even if he did not need to attend the course he should know better than that. How many times in "accidental" shootings do we hear, "but I thought it was unloaded?". Shit heads like this should not be allowed to even have a gun, for our safety and their's.

I like the way you handled that asshole.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Obviously this dumbass did not attend a TWRA hunter education course. This is a violation of one of the cardinal rules of safety. Even if he did not need to attend the course he should know better than that. How many times in "accidental" shootings do we hear, "but I thought it was unloaded?". Shit heads like this should not be allowed to even have a gun, for our safety and their's.

I like the way you handled that asshole.

The sad part is, he was setting an example for the boys there with him  

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 7:05:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Bob,

You really, really need anger management classes.

Tachyon
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:12:21 AM EDT
[#4]

Bob,

Tachyon

The sad part is I think he has already had them.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:03:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bob,

Tachyon

I'm trying but I just can't seem to get my anger up where it needs to be????    

I do have a thing about getting covered by muzzles though!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top