Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 5:35:11 PM EDT
Hi all, am moving to Cookville, Tennesse in December and am looking for good places to shoot and shop for all things GUN, any info would be greatly appriciated, thanks sromonkey
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:58:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the site. However,I'm not real familiar with ranges or gun shops in the Cookville area. Let me Google what I can and I'll get back to ya.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok, looks like at least two places in or around Cookeville. Bend of the river gun club and Young's Archery and Guns.Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:11:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out Bend of the River range up there. Here is a link:

Bend of River Range

It is owned/operated by Charlie Pardue which is a local up there that taught/teaches skeet and archery at TN Tech Univ. He's a good guy with a dry sense of humor. Bend of the River has a small range for pistol/rifle as well as a skeet and trap shooting. Charlie also owns Bend of the River Shooting Supplies there in Cookeville:

Bend of River Store
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#4]
My parents live in Cookeville.......and I know there is a range out side of town.....don't quote me on this but I think its only open on weekends.....   Youngs Guns is pretty good....but last time I was there the shop was closed and they were internet sales only.....just call and find out for sure....
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 11:27:33 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys will look into it further when i get there thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:10:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Good luck syromonkey...I can only think you are probably getting ready to go to TN TECH, my old alma mater.

Have fun and I spent many hours at Bend of the River shooting range.  Great place (at least back in the 80's) and I am sure Charlie hasn't changed it much.

Sign up for the ROTC marksmanship class if you have time and they still have it. It was an easy class and they have a .22 range in the stadium (at least they used to)...or sign up for ballroom dancing and meet all the chicas.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top