Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 3:11:20 PM EDT
hello all, were looking into relocating to TN, specifically joelton outside of nashville.  anyhow i just saw you have a shall issue on class 3hatwhat's you property tax rate? sales tax rate?  that's all i can think of right now thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure about window tinting.  NO car inspections at the state level.  TN has reciprocity with FL.  Sales tax is roughly 9.5% (9.25 and 9.75 in some places).  Property tax varies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:19:31 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to live in Joelton, you'll have annual Davidson county emissions testing for your car.  Tailpipe emission levels for older cars, computer check for newer cars.

I don't know about window tinting either.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Checking window tinting was all the rage several years ago. THP and local cops were all over it. People were getting cited, etc. Since then, it is like that never happened. I see cars on the road today that have tints so dark you cannot tell if anyone is even in the car. I wouldn't worry about that.

Do a Google search and type in Davidson county property taxes or Nashville property taxes or some search and I bet you will find a web site that will tell you what they are and where they are. Here in Knox county (east) we have a web site administered by the county and city that tell just that.

We do NOT have a state income tax.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the information!!
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Window tint.....Legal is 35 % on the front windows(driver and passenger)......be as dark as you want back seat and rear....and you can do a 1/4 strip on windshield
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top