Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2005 12:24:41 PM EDT
I had been keeping up with the recent events regarding fuel and such and decided to go ahead and fill up the vehicles and the gas containers. I live in Mt. Juliet which is a burb outside east of N'ville. At 3:00 pm CST 9/1/05, I stopped at two stations that were out of gas, I did find gas at a Kroger but only regular unleaded. As I was finishing up a fuel truck pulled up and was delivering the higher grades. I had a short conversation with the fuel guy who was busy as hell, I asked him what the outlook is from his/their side of things.....his exact words   "scary as hell...get it while you can"

Might want to think about getting some fuel as soon as you can.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The price has jumped over the last couple o' days.  I have not seen any stations out of gas yet, but I have heard rumers about it.   Guess I won't be leaving town this weekend.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
There are a few stations in east TN. that have run out temoirarly.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a Mapco out of gas in Memphis at lunch.  The Shell around the corner had lines at the pumps.

This is probably a blip.  Two pipelines are going back online today.  It may screw up the weekend, though.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#4]
There was one Kroger in Smyrna that was out of gas but it didn't last long. All of the other stations had gas.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I work for Mclane-Southern and we service all the C-Stores in  Memphis  as of tonight.....prob 70 % are out of fuel.....or  limit how much you can get
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:34:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Anybody know what the situation is between Memphis and Pickwick lake (Somerville, Whiteville, Bolivar, Selmer)?

I'm trying to decide whether to go to the lake this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 7:30:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been hearing for over a year that the refinery in Memphis has been operating at 40-50% and that it was pretty much out of gas for now.  Dont know the extent of that and for how long.

I saw a Mapco out of gas in Memphis at lunch.

I know they are closing some of there stations to feed the bigger ones.  You didn't hear it from me but when you buy regular at some of there stations you are actually getting premium because that is all they could get.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:01:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Thursday night, prices were $2.79, but stations were 'out' of regular and mid-grade. Today, they've all got gas... At $3.49.

I've reached the point where I don't trust any of them.

I took the bike rack off my car Thursday and I'm limiting my trips. "Batching" things. Walking from the office to the shopping center there instead of driving to the mall.

I keep several days of food and water on hand in case of emergency, so it's not hurting me to wait to go to the grocery. I rode my bike to the pharmacy yesterday evening to get a prescription.

All in all, the Government and oil industry has let me down big time, and it will be a long time before I forgive and much longer than that before I forget.

Tachyon
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#9]

I have only seen one station in Nashville ( a Kroger) that didn't have gas.

No lines except at Costco.  It was about $2.60-2.70 or so there when the wife topped off Friday.  2.99-3.39 everywhere else.

So far so good.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#10]
About half the stations around Clarksville are out. EMS and Fire service are getting their fuel from the school bus complex. Rumor has it if they don't get their fuel delivery by Tuesday they'll possibly call school off and park the buses.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:24:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Prices here are back 'down' to $3.29 this afternoon.

Tachyon
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Prices are down to 2.99 here in Maryville.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:27:49 PM EDT
[#13]
drivin' from chattanooga to murfreesboro i stopped in GA to top off this afternoon.  they've killed all the state taxes on gas- 2.859 for 87 at a raceway in wildwood.  wish tn would do the same.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:16:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
drivin' from chattanooga to murfreesboro i stopped in GA to top off this afternoon.  they've killed all the state taxes on gas- 2.859 for 87 at a raceway in wildwood.  wish tn would do the same.

Wow, IIRC, GA has some of the lowest gas taxes to start with.  I remember paying ......67cents.... a gallon in Augusta in 1998 or so.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:51:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anybody know what the situation is between Memphis and Pickwick lake (Somerville, Whiteville, Bolivar, Selmer)?

I'm trying to decide whether to go to the lake this weekend.

Danged memphians ruined pickwick.......

(just kidding!)

I live about 15 minutes from the lake. Mom used to live on the lake. I have a lot in Shiloh Falls, but no plans to build.

What part do you live at?
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, IIRC, GA has some of the lowest gas taxes to start with.  I remember paying ......67cents.... a gallon in Augusta in 1998 or so.

well, they did at least.

GA tax in percentage based, where as TN is fixed.  somewhere around the 2.30-2.40 mark it becomes cheaper to buy it in TN- sorry to be so vague, but this is my understanding of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top