Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2005 3:07:39 PM EDT
How tough is it going to be to make Camden if Gas prices get upto 6 or 7 dollars a gallon before the shoot...????
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too tough, the tough part will be finding the gas
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:42:07 PM EDT
[#2]
It won't be too hard. This will be a very temporary blip. If the prices go up much more, people will start using less fuel. The government will step in and smack the gas distributors and dealers who are gouging and causing 'artificial' shortages, and things will get back to what passes for normal.

Absolutely the last thing that the oil industry wants is for Americans to start thinking conservation. That would be the death knell of an already battered industry. The eco-nazi's have crippled the nation with ecological mumbo jumbo leading to less refining capacity, increased dependence on foreign oil and the destruction of the Space Shuttle Columbia (original design called for CFC foam and the replacement foam doesn't have the same properties as the original resulting in the destruction of the Columbia and endangering the Discovery on her last flight). A sea change against these liberal whackos is long overdue.

I've made one concession already to the higher price of gas, I've taken the bike rack off my car to improve my mileage. The next step is to ride my bike to the store. Work is a bit harder, but with a little time and cooler weather on the way I'll probably ride my bike to work several times this fall.

Tachyon
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm surprised people aren't talking more about gas.  People in GA are acting the fool.

I got a relative in the Gas/convenience store business in Nashville that said the refinery in Memphis was basically out of gas and there would be a shortage statewide and their prices (in Nashville area) would hit $3.30-50 pretty quick.  He didn't give any details as to how long, but they were going to possibly close smaller stations.

A relative in the Tri Cities area said some stations were already rationing gas to 10 gallons at a time.  Can anyone in that area confirm that?

Anyway, the sky is not falling.  You all go to Camden and have a blast.  I was at a range in FL last week and there was a pretty good presence of Class 3 stuff there.  Dang, you all are going to have a blast.  Ah, full auto.  Ah, full auto supressed.  You all are going to have a blast.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top