Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:05:57 PM EDT

Anybody going to the show? I heard the tables are sold out for this one.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, I Am planning on driving up from jackson, hopefully on sat after wife gets off work and going to the show on Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Where is this one being held? (been a few years ...and I remember he doesn't use the fairgrounds anymore)
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#3]

In Smyrna

Bob Pop Gun Show

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:59:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep, just spoke to Tammy & the show is sold out!

There is also a vendor there who will have incrediable low prices on aluminum gun cases. I bought one to use for my laptop, he has all sizes. Great bargins, this guy.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be heading out there saturday morning, early probably.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll be there.  I'll mostly be hanging out with a couple friends, who are setting up a table.  Darryl (PUBBOY) and Kirk (Trenchknife) own Elite Tactical Systems, Inc..  They will be selling some AR accessories, Surefire stuff, and most likely, will have some of their suppressors.  They may not have the actual cans, but some demo models instead.

For those who will be showing up, stop by and say hi.

Frank
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:38:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I would hope that bob would have no problems
with people organizing there to travel to a funeral.

Don't forget the LARGE red white and blues.

Wish I could join you all.

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:11:22 AM EDT
[#9]

There is also a vendor there who will have incrediable low prices on aluminum gun cases. I bought one to use for my laptop, he has all sizes. Great bargins, this guy

F'IN NERD!  

Real men buy it for their guns.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:29:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I dropped by the show this afternoon and got a good deal from J&T on a buttstock for my Bushmaster.

The show was pretty good, with my estimate of the show's vendors being over 70% guns, with only 1 Airsoft vendor, and one jerkey vendor. This week, I saw several dozen people walking out with long arms, and several more carrying plastic pistol cases that I'd guess were pistols or revolvers.

The Goodman show last weekend wasn't bad either so far as vendors, but I was there to help with the Friends of the NRA table and not many people last week were buying according to the vendors I talked to.

I'd say that the great desert of gunshow quality has come to an end if these two shows are any indicator. Now the gunshow promoters need to convince the public that they're no longer paying $5 to see a bunch of junk.

Tachyon
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:27:08 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By Tachyon

got a good deal from J&T

Ain't that redundant????    

There may be no nicer folks than those from J&T, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:27:59 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

There is also a vendor there who will have incrediable low prices on aluminum gun cases. I bought one to use for my laptop, he has all sizes. Great bargins, this guy

F'IN NERD!  

Real men buy it for their guns.

I take too many to the range to use a hard case, ya wiseacre!  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#13]
It was a pretty decent show.  I sold a couple rifles.  Plus, it looks like I was able to sell a .22 suppressor for Darryl and Kirk.  They're going to meet the prospective buyer later this week to demonstrate it to him.  But, let's just say he did buy a P22 from Mid-TN Guns & Ammo, after looking at Darryls' personal P22 and liking how the can felt on it.  Heck, Darryl may have convinced me that I'll eventually need a P22 to go along with my threaded MkII and 10/22.

I did see Bob there today.  I also ran into a fellow who I exchanged e-mails with previously regarding he and I having been assigned to the same Army battalion, only he was in it during Vietnam and I was in the unit in '91.  I also saw a few other ARFCOMMERS there (PSG, arfreak75, einnor1040).

So, who will be at the show in October?  It's scheduled for the 14th -16th.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:51:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm highly likely to be there in October.

I've decided to get back into SR Highpower and I need to get an upper. I didn't really see anything except the J&T SR upper there; and I'm probably going to order one from WOA, but by then I expect to need more practice ammo and magazines. Most everything else, I can get by taking a couple of hours off and bopping over to Champion's Choice during a weekday.

Tachyon

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top