Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 5:44:01 AM EDT
Anything interesting to see there?

Civil War battlefields, museums, VFW Post with military equipment, anything at all?

Staying overnight from this Friday to Saturday and then back to Wisconsin.

Anyone recommended a good restaurant?

Av.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#1]
There is a Civil War battle site/ cemetary there but it does not have much compared to the more well-known sites.  
I would recommend Demo's on Broad St. for dinner.  Excellent steak and pasta.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:54:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Barrett Firearms is based there, but I don't think they give tours. Worth a try.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:44:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Barrett might let you take a tour. Call ahead of time to ask if you can come by.

Stones River Battlefield off of Broad St. Some pretty nifty things to see at the battlefield.
Over in Franklin TN there is a big Civil War cemetary.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Went to the battlefield almost twenty years ago. Thought it was an interesting thing to do. Should be a good couple of hours for you.

We walked part of it as part of a ROTC class (and crossed creeks in a pouring rain).  You got a sense of feeling the weather as they did back then (it was hot and then became a downpour in seconds..in May).

Man would love to tour Barrett firearms, jump on that if you can.  I use to see Ronnie Barrett alot back when I worked for Small Arms Weaponry in Nashville. Would be great to see the operation now, it was fledgeling back then.  They make Awesome stuff and one day perhaps I can even afford one

Essayons
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There is a Civil War battle site/ cemetary there but it does not have much compared to the more well-known sites.  
I would recommend Demo's on Broad St. for dinner.  Excellent steak and pasta.

+1 on Demo's
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Gun show Fri, Sat & Sunday in Smyrna!

Or you could come watch up harass the war protesters described in the other thread? I probably will need some bail money.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top