Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2005 5:50:01 AM EDT
Hey guys..

I took out the new Sig Mosquito yesterday to get her all broke in and find the right ammo

I started off with CCI Standard Velocity and it would cycle sometimes....about 50 %
Then went up to the CCI green Tag Competition ammo...Did not like it at all
Then I tried the Remington Club Xtra ( Eley LTD )it was not a big fan of it either....at this point I thought nothing would run in this thing...But I kept plugging away or should I say plinking..LOL
So I tried the Remington Target Rifle (Eley LTD ) and about the same results...all just seemed not to be enough to make the weapon cycle every time...enough force to eject the spent round but not enough to rechamber the next round...
So I went to the hot loads...I founs some CCI Speer gold dot Velocitor ammo....30 % more energy they claim....you could tell it was alot hotter load but now I am too hot it seems for the Mosquito...So I broke out a box of Federal Premium Gold Medal...and wow a full mag and no problems...So I went on to shoot the whole box and no problems...So I open a box of the CMP (civilian marksmanship program) 40 grain solid ammo....and magic....shot almost a box of 325 rounds with almost no problems....a few hicups but mostly just plain ole fun shooting...so I moved on to sighting it in more....set up a new target at 15 yards....windage was off to the left some and a little high...changed out the front sight and some adjustment and bam right on...my last target I put 10 rounds in the X then HermanSnerd shot it and stacked 10 rounds right on mine...Very sweet Sig I must say....you just need to find the right ammo match for it...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:40:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:04:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the report.  Since these came out, I wanted one to match my other sigs.  However, if they're that problematic with ammo, i'll just get the p-22.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Went back to Range USA today......cleaned the gun last night and took the CMP ammo and put another 200 or so rounds through it with maybe 2 misfires.....Wife loves it and is ready to go back and shoot again....not quite that bad  (sayuncle)  just pretty picky......could be alot of just needing to be broke in also....I am very happy with it.....
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Sounds finicky.  It would be interesting to see how it handles that "bad" ammo after a 500+ rounds.

What is the fit and finish like?

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Fit and finish is great.........and yes it will  be interesting once its broke in good to see how the bad stuff works in it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top