Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2005 8:09:26 PM EDT
I finished the Bushmaster lower that I got from Hank out with a MagPul M93B stock, a Magpul trigger guard and 21 x 30 round magazines.

I'm leaning toward a SAM-R type upper, but I haven't decided for sure. I'm going to build/buy a match Service Rifle later this year, but for now I want something for 'fun.'

Anyone local to Nashville carry any uppers?

Also, just to vent, what's with gun stores asking $30 each for  extremely used non collector 30 round magazines? Do they not realize that the AWB is over and that Bushmaster (highest price I could find and their most likely vendor for new mags) sells them for $19.95? I'm willing to pay up to 20% more at a store to buy things locally, but I'm not going to pay three plus times the going price for a well used LEO Only magazine.

Tachyon
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#1]
For such a nice lower you ought to put a 6.8 on top

Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:28:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Do they not realize that the AWB is over

No, they don't.  Been to a gun show lately?  I love seeing the $1,250 rifle with the words pre-ban written on it.  Yeah, or I can get a brand new one for $600.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I changed direction a bit. I sold the Magpul and put an A2 stock on the lower. Today I got my White Oak Armament service rifle upper with a pinned sight.

I didn't go for the flash supressor since I personally like a match crown for competition and the rules allow for that.

Anybody have a reloading bench in the Franklin area I can borrow? hehe

Tachyon
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Congrads on your new toy.......and yes the Mag folks have lost their minds.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, they don't.  Been to a gun show lately?  I love seeing the $1,250 rifle with the words pre-ban written on it.  Yeah, or I can get a brand new one for $600.

+1.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:35:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Saw an ad in Shotgun News last nite for AR 30 round mags for $12...looked to be new milspec with green followers.

Essayons
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:44:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

HA HA HA HA HA, yeah, exactly. Tesnevo and I went to the last one and saw quite a few like that. I wonder how many people are stupid enough to pay that much though. I bet more than a couple.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top