Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2005 1:42:32 PM EDT
at a decent price?

Stripped or complete w/ a 6-position M4 stock, doesn't matter.

Bushmaster, RRA, Armalite, stag, mega, ameetec, cmmg, stinger.....I don't care as long as it's a quality lower at a decent price.

(like $110 or less, out the door, for a stripped lower)

Link Posted: 7/16/2005 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
at a decent price?

Bushmaster, RRA, Armalite, stag, mega, ameetec, cmmg, stinger.....I don't care as long as it's a quality lower at a decent price.

Wow you found the HTF. Good to see you here.

I would sugest a gun store. They tend to sell firearms ocasionally.

Someone on the EE has one for sale in TN, use the state search tacked above.

Im on the wrong end of the state to be much help and I prefer to cut my own.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 4:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Scott at Range USA (formerly Whitten Arms) in Memphis has his FFL on file at Eagle Firearms.  With his permission Eagle can ship a lower to him and he can transfer it  to you.  I paid $80 each for my stripped Stag receivers, and he charged $20 for a transfer.  If you order only one lower it costs a few bucks more.
Link Posted: 7/16/2005 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Second on Scott at Range USA. Good people.
I'm looking at  these. Browse the thread (long one). They offer rifle and pistol lowers, parts kits, and will assemble it for you. You also can get personalized logos and serial numbers. I want to get the "Restricted - Civilian Use Only" version. Blemished receivers are also available, for a little less.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 4:52:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
at a decent price?

Wow you found the HTF. Good to see you here.

I would sugest a gun store. They tend to sell firearms ocasionally.

Someone on the EE has one for sale in TN, use the state search tacked above.

Im on the wrong end of the state to be much help and I prefer to cut my own.

I went to 3 stores around here over the weekend.

2 had no AR's of any sort, the other one had 5....all behind the counter. The only one I could see a price on was a neutered ASA 20" Hbar.......for $995.

Sometimes I think it's more fun to stay home and look at my own stuff than to go to the local gun stores.

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 5:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
while i don't endorse their shop by ANY means, Guns And Assholes Ammo on summer ave in memphis usually keeps a decent stock of ARs and usually has lowers from bushy, RRA, and DPMS.

I actually like their store. Lots of neat stuff there, last time I was there.

I just hate to pay full retail.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
while i don't endorse their shop by ANY means, Guns And Assholes Ammo on summer ave in memphis usually keeps a decent stock of ARs and usually has lowers from bushy, RRA, and DPMS.

Coal Creak in Knoxville has several lowers in there case. Mega's IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:38:50 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you can get banned from arfcom by shopping w/ CCA.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 8:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

they hav a great shop, just a bad reputation.

Ya know, I've thought the same thing for a long while. Lately, however, my mind is slowly changing. Don't get me wrong, there are good folks and not-so-good folks who work there. I used to have a not-so-good opinion of Burt, the owner. Over the last few years, My opinion has changed. I am working on the local Memphis Friends of NRA committee, along with Burt. He has done, and has donated, so much for FONRA, that it's just amazing. For this year's dinner, depending on attendence, he's going to DONATE UP TO EIGHTY (80!) FIREARMS, TO BE GIVEN AWAY. (OK, that's a shameless plug for the banquet, sorry).
Guns and Ammo has, by far, the largest selection of firearms in the area. Most, if not all, the guys there are fairly knowledgeable. Some more specialized than others. Burt may not have the lowest prices, but I believe he's fairly competitive with other stores. I don't work for Burt, or am connected in any way, except for FONRA, and an occasional purchase.  
I do realize that he is a businessman, and has to pay for all those guns, etc. on display, not to mention all those employees. To top it off, they're probably the most Black Gun friendly store around. Got an AR question - talk to Richard. Got a HK question - talk to Richard, or Bill, the manager.
You can normally get better prices on the net, and that's what I usually do. If I need an FFL, my first choice is Scott, at Range USA, because A) He is much smaller, and needs the business, and B) He has treated his customers VERY well, and has opened up his range to the GUN-TALK Mid-South Crew (can I say that here? ), and to the FONRA, for our fund-raising machinegun shoots. Also, the Tennessee Firearms Association has their local meeting there once a month.
(There is also an ugly rumor about him getting some machineguns in for rentals..... )

AROWNERAGAIN: Where are you located? T-County? I'm in Fayette.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I live in McNairy Co, work in Madison Co. Do most of my gun-shopping in MS.

I used to spend lots of $$ at Webster's in Bolivar when Greg ran it. Lately what little I've bought has been FTF or transferred through Pioneer in Bolivar.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Damn, Son! Memphis is a bit of a drive for you. Don't you have anybody out there?

Have you tried Mike's, in Jackson? Class three, black gun friendly. I have not done any business with him, but he goes to some of the same shoots I go to. Nice guy.

Mike's (aka Mike Presson)
15 D Street (a few blocks off of 45, on the south end of town)
Jackson, TN, 38314
(731) 422-3830

HKO
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Damn, Son! Memphis is a bit of a drive for you. Don't you have anybody out there?

Have you tried Mike's, in Jackson? Class three, black gun friendly. I have not done any business with him, but he goes to some of the same shoots I go to. Nice guy.

Jackson, TN, 38314
(731) 422-3830

HKO

Mike is a nice guy, he did a transfer for me once, but they don't carry lots of AR parts. Last time I was in there, they had some cheaper-brand AR's (Hesse and Vulcan, IIRC) and one of the counter guys told me they didn't like to keep lots of AR parts lying around. He said something about the fact that they were Class III making it unwise to stock lots of AR parts. I didn't ask for an explanation.

edit:

I may have to be in Memphis this week anyway.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Guns and Ammo is closed Sun/Mon. Call them tomorrow, and ask for Richard Ferrell. He would know what AR parts they have in stock.
There is also a gunshow/flea market/yardsale this weekend, at the fairgrounds in Memphis. They normally suck, but you might be able to find some parts. What are you looking for?
Also, if you're coming in, how about a group meet-up/shoot/eat/drink?
Let us know.

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think you can get banned from arfcom by shopping w/ CCA.

that's it, i am IMing EdSr and Goatboy right now!

Hey I havent bought anything there since it was Guncrafters (4 years ago).
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Jackson, TN, 38314
(731) 422-3830

HKO

It depends on what kind of day he is having, and if he has all his buddies sitting around. Mike has some cool stuff, but he can be an ASS. Yes, I know him and his store ,as I too used to live in Jackson, now I live in Medina. If I purchase from an FFL or need a transferit is from Roy Mitchell, He is a great guy to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/19/2005 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#18]
What about Covington or Ripley TN?

Any stores there? I may be through that area tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 1:22:35 PM EDT
[#19]
1) WMC firearms in Mckenzie? 2)  Elite Firearms in Paducah,Ky...yeah you'll have to get it transferred, but they have tons of stuff (full-auto, suppressors, ar parts and rifles for days) 3) My personal favorite... David over at Homestead in Union City Tn.  what he doesn't have he can order for you AND he's a stand-up guy...has THE best prices on Kimber 1911s and S&W revolvers.

If you don't mind the hassle of transferring I'd probably check out option #2 as they're more likely to have what you're looking for.  Option #3 If you want to keep the purchase in-state and for the simple fact that he's a really good guy.

Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 1:27:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
1) WMC firearms in Mckenzie? 2)  Elite Firearms in Paducah,Ky...yeah you'll have to get it transferred, but they have tons of stuff (full-auto, suppressors, ar parts and rifles for days) 3) My personal favorite... David over at Homestead in Union City Tn.  what he doesn't have he can order for you AND he's a stand-up guy...has THE best prices on Kimber 1911s and S&W revolvers.

If you don't mind the hassle of transferring I'd probably check out option #2 as they're more likely to have what you're looking for.  Option #3 If you want to keep the purchase in-state and for the simple fact that he's a really good guy.

Good Luck.

If I didn't mind the hassle of transferring it, I'd have it by now. I just want to walk in, buy one at a good price, and walk away.

I get the feeling that's impossible.

I may just search the EE for whoever has the best deal, buy a couple of stripped lowers, and have 'em shipped to my FFL.

My upper came in today. I really need a lower.
Link Posted: 7/20/2005 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Luck.

If I didn't mind the hassle of transferring it, I'd have it by now. I just want to walk in, buy one at a good price, and walk away.

I may just search the EE for whoever has the best deal, buy a couple of stripped lowers, and have 'em shipped to my FFL.

Good luck, can't recall anyone unless you want to phone WMC firearms (I believed owned by William McClanahan) in McKenzie.  Worth a shot
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 4:27:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good Luck.

Good luck, can't recall anyone unless you want to phone WMC firearms (I believed owned by William McClanahan) in McKenzie.  Worth a shot

I used to go to WMC when I felt like being humbled.

That man has a nice collection, no?
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Jackson, TN, 38314
(731) 422-3830

HKO

Dont waste your time - They got mad because I purchased a colt and not their Bushmaster which was in stock..  I will travel to memphis or nashville  before I use them..
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#24]
there is one in Brighton, Tn.    just out side of Covington

Brighton Arms

They  have alot of stuff........not real cheap on alot of things
I was in there about a week ago....did not see an AR lower...but they might have one
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#25]
[

I used to go to WMC when I felt like being humbled.

That man has a nice collection, no?

He has an awesome collection.  Some $25,000 firearms floating around in there (several).  Unfortunately, I recently found out that he's sold to someone else.  Frank the excellent gunsmith is going to stick around though.  Don't know who the buyer is, but he (William) tried to sell to a local dealer friend of mine.  My friend didn't want ALL the inventory (can't imagine the liabiltiy involved in owning multiple 25-30,000 dollar rifles) only the more common items.  I liked Mr. Clanahan, it's too bad he sold.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:17:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Don't know if you'd be interested but I have a complete Armalite lower with less than 100 rds. through it that I could part with.  It has a fixed telescopic stock but I could throw in a standard stock if you wish.
I'm in Memphis if you are interested.  My email is:
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Yea I Guns and Ammo today and I was told that there was a RRA lower for 285 or so and a DPMS for 278.  I asked for a stripped lower, I hope that that has a match trigger or a but stock on it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Yea I Guns and Ammo today and I was told that there was a RRA lower for 285 or so and a DPMS for 278.  I asked for a stripped lower, I hope that that has a match trigger or a but stock on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top