Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/20/2005 3:43:08 PM EDT
hey folks,
                 anyone know of a machinist or gunsmith that would be willin to make some prototype items for me, and thread a bbl or two???

i've had the opportunity to test my dispersion regulator on a full auto m16..... w/ a stock m16a1 or a2, i can usually hold a 5 shot burst on a b27 @ 25yds.... w/ my dispersion reg, i can hold the 8 ring w/ a 20rnd burst......dang thing is amazing, but i need to make another prototype or two before i take it to buyers for orders..... i can do the heat treatment of it, but i just don't have access to a lathe now to make them...

i've talked to a couple of machine shops, but they either are anti gun, or not willing to do single item prototyping or small jobs like threading a bbl

many thx
skintback
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
hey folks,
                 anyone know of a machinist or gunsmith that would be willin to make some prototype items for me, and thread a bbl or two???

i've had the opportunity to test my dispersion regulator on a full auto m16..... w/ a stock m16a1 or a2, i can usually hold a 5 shot burst on a b27 @ 25yds.... w/ my dispersion reg, i can hold the 8 ring w/ a 20rnd burst......dang thing is amazing, but i need to make another prototype or two before i take it to buyers for orders..... i can do the heat treatment of it, but i just don't have access to a lathe now to make them...

i've talked to a couple of machine shops, but they either are anti gun, or not willing to do single item prototyping or small jobs like threading a bbl

many thx
skintback

I know a Class II SOT who might could do it, but he is a couple of hours away, in southeast Missouri.

I can't remember if jeepcreep has a lathe...

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 4:55:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:22:18 PM EDT
[#3]
thx kirk, but i'm not doin anything anywhere close to needin any kind of license to make/own..... this is a simple muzzle brake/flash hider type device......  i've just found an aspect of the brake effect that no one has exploited yet....  

also, i'd prefer to keep the design as secret as possible from the firearms community till i'm shipping them...that's why i'm interested in a small, local shop..and, i don't have complete cad drawings, just a rough sketch w/ dimensions on it...and, as some shops don't have heat treat facilities, i may have to do that myself.....that i've still got the shop space for..

thx
skintback
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 1:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I might be able to help you out in a about a week. Im in Maryville, But I have plans to visit Memphis in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#6]
There's a class II in Jackson, TN...an hour away. Look up Mike's class III, call, ask for Mike, and tell him you're looking for the class II guy....

(I don't remember his name..)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top