Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2004 5:45:16 PM EDT
Here is my post AWB story of the day.

I get off of work at 5:30pm and rush to Guncraft, a large once prominent gunshop in Knoxville, TN. I get there walk around and look. No info about the Assault Weapons Ban, not many guns in stock, junk accesories.

Then I politely wait at the counter for about 20 min, no one says a damn thing. There were only three customers in the store. Now I am off of work wear Kahki's and a Polo shirt, so I am well dressed. So finally I ask the guy behind the counter if he had any high capacity magizenes. He scoffs at me "Why would I order a bunch of high cap mags, it's not like I can sell them for $100 dollars a peice any more. I only get a 10% mark up on them." I was angry as hell, I ask a polite question and he is rambling on about is profit margins. There was a cop standing in line or I would have cussed the slime ball out. I just shook my head and walked out.

This isn't the first time they have pulled shit like this either. They did the same thing when I came in hunting a 1911. The next week I went in there to talk to there smith about some custom work, he was cool. Then I told there sales guy I found the gun for $80 less online with the dealer fees included. He pulled the same shit as the guy talking about the high caps.  

Now guys like him are the ones who support gun control legislation that will improve his profit margins. They are the scum of the gun world, worse than Sarah Brady and Dianne Feinstein.

The moral of this story is DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM GUNCRAFT IN KNOXVILLE, TN. MAKE SURE THAT THIS SCUMBAG GOES OUT OF BUSINESS

Here is there site so you know who not to purchase from, they also come to the local gun shows in Knoxvilee, TN. This is hard to do for me, my brother is friends with the family who run this place. The old man who grew it to what it was passed away and now his dumbass kids have killed it.

GUNCRAFT

They have showed there true colors, he said he wouldn't go out of his way to procure no-ban items because it wouldn't help his profit margin. Only god knows what the traitors to the cause have lobbied for to pad there coffers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Guncraft has a notorious reputation in this area and has for years. I used to go to their original store in Oak Ridge years ago before they moved to Knoxville. They have always been known as the highest priced store in the area and after traveling to other major cities and visiting dozens of other gunshops, I have to say that they are about the highest priced store I have ever been to. The main problem at Guncraft is that their are too many chiefs and chiefs families to feed out of that store from what I can see and from some I have talked to that used to work there. Some of the owners have been very helpful and some have been complete assholes from what I have personally seen/experienced and from friends of mine who have visited there as well. It amazes me that they have remained in business there as long as they have, but they do have that indoor firing range and shooting classes, etc. I have also seen some real suckers go in there and pay through their ass for something simply because they do not know any better.

Here is a true story for you.

Back in about 96 or 97 I went to another gunstore (Lenoir City) and traded for a hardly used Colt AR15 Hbar preban. After it was all said and done I had about $950 in the rifle, scope, cheek rest and hard sided aluminum case. Turns out that the rifle had been bought new at Guncraft by a guy that just had to have a preban AR for his son. The son shot it about 50 times and decided he wanted something else. It turns out that since it was a preban he paid a little over $2K for it from Guncraft. This guy took a bath on it when he traded it to the other dealer, but he did not care. His loss was my gain.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The last time I was in there I remember thinking this would be a good place for a REAL gunstore. The prices are uncompetitive to say the least . I shop at CRAIGS if I am in Ktown.or the little gunstore on ALCOA , can't remember the name of the place.    
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:56:26 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
the little gunstore on ALCOA , can't remember the name of the place.    

This wouldn't be Wynns, would it? If so, they are out of business.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:40:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah I found out about Craig's. I bought 10 used Glock 22 mags for $110. I got to look them over and hand pick them too. I felt like it was a good deal.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:25:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I won't go to either Craig's or Guncraft anymore. Guncraft staff are not that knowledgable and are usually rude. Craig's employees are usually rude, don't know what they are talking about or won't bother to help you. Plus they all smoke in there and the damn place smells like an ashtray. (not really a big deal but I quit a year and a half ago) I go to Guns and More on Kingston Pike. My friend runs a custom shop in the back called Predator Custom Shop. If I can't get it from the internet or if I need gunsmithing past my own capabilities I go there. Craig's seems to cater mostly to police and I don't feel that I should have to go in a store in uniform just to get recognized when I wait at the counter.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Guncraft is kinda that last resort gun store.  When you've exhausted all other resources.  
It was different years ago when they were in Oak Ridge and Red ran the show.

I've gone in there to shot several times in the past couple of years but thats about it.

I did run across a deal on some XM193 one time.  So I picked up a case.

Will have to check out Craig's.

Anyone know someone local that has stripped lowers in stock?  Found a couple at Coal Creek Armory in OR once, but they were Olympic.

Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:52:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got a few doublestars in stock in Johnson City, about 1.5 hrs east of Knoxville. I'll be ordering some more soon, probably this week.

r/s

Dan
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Anyone know someone local that has stripped lowers in stock?  Found a couple at Coal Creek Armory in OR once, but they were Olympic.

Keep checking with Coal Creek. They had 4 stripped Rock River lowers about 3 weeks ago and I bought 3 of them. The fourth one did not last long. Out the door, they cost me about $112 each. Not bad as compared to the other stores I have seen and their prices. Randy's Gun and Knife (Black Oak Ridge) had a stripped lower (can't remember the make, but probably a Eagle Arms or RR) and he wanted $150 plus tax and background check.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 5:25:27 AM EDT
[#11]
^^^
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top