Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2003 4:08:47 PM EDT
Here is a proposed new license plate for Tennessee... Check it out it's awesome!!!
http://www.battleatthecanal.com/images/license.jpg
Link Posted: 8/16/2003 4:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]
VERY cool.  I wish Arkansas would do something like that...I think ours is pink with a hummingbird.  Kinda gay.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 8:40:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I like the plate, but I thought there was talk of getting rid of most of the vanity plates.  Seems I recall an article in the paper about police complaining that it's sometimes too difficult to recognize plates, counties, etc with the 500 different options.  (This plate, like many vanity plates, doesn't even list the county!)  

I like the plates, but I understand their point too.  We could make their job easier and at least cancel the Tennessee "Florida Gators" vanity plate.  That'd be a good start...  :)

(And I agree, a pink humming bird plate would never be allowed on my Tahoe...)

Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, y'all even have Alabama and/or Auburn license plates available in TN.  I mean, I understand why they're available HERE, but c'mon...

(Please correct me if I'm wrong about this.)

How many different "vanity plates" are available in TN?  (We have 30 or so.)

edited to add:
BTW, I like the one pictured above, FWIW...
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
HardShell,

It looks like there are at least 94 different plates available in Tennessee including the standard plate.  As far as collegiate plates you've got Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Penn State, Purdue, and University of Florida plus a bunch of schools actually in Tennessee.

Kind of ridiculous if you ask me.  One of my friends with Memphis Police hates all the custom plates since a lot are hard to read from a distance.  My own two cents . . . vanity plates are fine but legibility should not be sacrificed for pretty pictures.

E-95

Edited to add:  I like the look of the new plate.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 9:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Heck one of the last styles of 'regular' plates were hard to read and the cops were complaining about em.

The one where the decorative thing in the middle covered the middle two numbers/letters on the plate.  Made it near impossible to see and read the black numbers/letters from a distance.

I really like the old old ones that were shaped like the State.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top