Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2003 11:23:58 AM EDT
Alright, so who all here witnessed the sudden 10 minutes of 100mph winds that blew through the Mid-South?

Come on, fess up.  How many of you thought it was TEOTWAWKI?  :)

Dead gum wind tore this city up... knocked down 200 feet of my 8ft. high fence.  Snapped at the base.  It was the only thing blocking the smell from my neighbor's horses.

Then the sun came out, and this deer in my backyard started eating my apples and staring at me for 10 minutes as he wagged his tail.

I could tell he was laughing at me, just laughing cause he knew I was gonna have to put that fence back up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 4:40:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Woo woo

I was on Houston Levee heading out south of town at 645-700 Tuesday morning.

I saw several signal lights disappear, not just lose power, but disappear into the distance.

That was an experience.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top