Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/9/2003 7:58:52 PM EDT
Im going to be heading down to gatlinberg next weekend for vacation.  Are there any good gunshops or surplus stores in that area?  Im also planning on trying to pick up a couple of knives to bring back as presents.

Thanks for any help

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
[r] DON'T DO IT!!!!! [/R]  Don't even think about buying any firearms or knives in Gatlinburg.  The prices there are so friggen outrageous that you will feel like your getting raped.  Your better off just getting a few local souveniers there and buying real stuff at home.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:42:57 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks for giving me the but-rape warning!!!  But are automatic knives legal there?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
InRange inc. is in Kodak, Tn. if your interested in AK series weapons. On the way to Gatlinsburg.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey bud, Smokey Mountain Knife Works is on the way into Pidgeon Forge off I40. (In case you don't know, that's on the way to Gatlinburg.)

They have every knife in the world at discount or competitive pricing.  Most of the shops in Gatlinburg buy their knives there.  

Warning though, it's damn big and laid out like a museum just walking through the place is a joy. I would suggest you research their web site for ideas but it won't have everything.  Gift theme sets are a good idea for soveniers and they have a grab bag deal that most dealers take advantage of.  Last catalogue they had $139 retail knives for $30.  The number of knives will vary but they gurantee the value.  Typically there will be at least two quality brand names in the bag. Automatic knives are legal in TN and they have em all.

I stay out of there for I could go broke.

Shame you won't be here the weekend of the 25th. That's the Mike Halloways gun show at the Zoo exit off I40. It's a big one and deals galore. Lot's of black rifle people.

Today, I went to the Army Navy store by the Knoxville airport. I was looking for a MIL folding bucket for the boat. Checking out I look down and there's four USGI mags crammed into a three mag pouch for $45. I'm smiling as I type.  Although messy, the store has more surplus than Sportsmansguide with prices equal to or lower.  Three mag pouches go for $5.  Jungle Boots, $20.

Drop me an IM if you want more suggestions. BTW: Coal River is in Oakridge and the owner is AR15.com member.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
thomas jefferson, your Im is full.  I got the smokey mountain knife works cataloges in the past then they stoped comming.  I just assumed they went out of business.  I'll be stopping in there now!!  I'll also try to stop in to the army surplus store your talking about.  I just got done putting all of gatlinberg and knoxville into my gps.

Thanks,

Jason
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:41:46 AM EDT
[#6]
IM is clean sorry
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#7]
There is the S&W outlet shop on the main drag in Pigeon Forge. If you're so inlcined, they sell all S&W apparel at greatly reduced prices.

Shirts, jackets, stickers, etc. are all on sale.

Guns however, are MSRP!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
inrange is a good place troy sellers is a uotstanding guy to deal with
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 11:20:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top