Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 9/2/2021 11:36:01 PM EDT
I am renewing my Utah CFP witch expires in December. I see on BCI's website that it can be done online. It says that part of the process is uploading a passport quality photo. The website doesn't say more than that, my question is do I have to get an official passport photo taken or can I take the photo myself with my phone and use that? I have tan and very light blue walls in my house for background.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
When I got my initial permit, the instructor used his digital camera and took pictures of each person.  He then printed those photos with an inkjet printer.  My wife and I submitted inkjet photos printed on plain paper trimmed out with scissors to the proscribed size.  

I think a high quality photo taken against a light colored background and uploaded would suffice.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 12:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 6:33:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I just renewed mine last month. I used a phone to take a pic in front of a light tan wall.
Its kind of funny though as I used a pretty high quality picture but when the CFP showed up the pic looks very pixelated.
Oh well, as long as it's valid I'm happy.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I just renewed mine last month. I used a phone to take a pic in front of a light tan wall.
Its kind of funny though as I used a pretty high quality picture but when the CFP showed up the pic looks very pixelated.
Oh well, as long as it's valid I'm happy.
View Quote

Reminds me of my form 1 fingerprints. The fingerprint guy told me that AFT gets the ink fingerprint cards, scans them into a computer, and use the scanned image of the prints to run the background check. Makes so much more sense than just using live scan- our taxes at work.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top