Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 8/22/2021 2:45:14 PM EDT
Where is a affordable area to live with space, access to 2A activities, and jeep off-roading? Looking for a home about 2000 sq. ft. with 3 car garage and maybe a small shed or shop. Is Tooele good, or how about Spanish Fork? We are, thinking about something less densely populated that we can get to the middle of the SLC valley in an hour or less. I would also consider the mountains by Heber.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Forget about Tooele if working in Riverton.   Eagle Mountain might have what you are looking for.  It's kind of at the edge of civilization here.  You could ATV right from your house onto millions of acres of public land.  Multiple places to shoot within minutes as well.

Spanish Fork to Riverton wouldn't be a fun commute.  Access to public land there isn't as good either.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Only using Riverton as a way point between Herriman and Lehi where we have family. Want something more affordable, not wanting to be too close or far from them.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 3:59:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Just curious, what do you consider “affordable”?  I live about an hour north of SLC.  Houses are available but not exactly cheap.

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Looking for 2000 sq. ft. 2 bath 3 ca r garage.
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#5]
What town 1 hour north of SLC?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:56:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Any opinions on Tooele?
Link Posted: 8/22/2021 9:57:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Or Ogden?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 1:34:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Or Ogden?
View Quote

I currently live in Ogden, work in West Jordan and lived in Eagle Mountain for a bit. It takes me an hour to get to work, I have a co-worker who lives in Payson and it also takes him an hour to get to work on a good day, usually closer to 90 minutes. You can find good shooting and off-roading all over this state you just have to look for it, the cost of real estate is going to vary depending on where you are looking with Heber being more expensive than Ogden, Tooele or Spanish Fork.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 7:10:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I live in Riverton and work in Orem.  We've been in our current home for 20 yrs and the conveniences have all moved in over the years. The 4x4 and shooting areas are very close, so it's easy to get to them.  Day in and out, the conveniences are easy on the family. It's a nice centralized area.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 9:29:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for all the responses. I was in the Valley this weekend and it appears everything towards the mountains is expensive and tightly spaced. I'm leaning to the west side of Eagle Mtn. and all west of Bangeter. Maybe even Toole, as where I live now its a 15-30 minute drive to shopping and services. I would rather be a little further away from the masses and choose when to intermingle with the crowds.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top