Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 8/1/2021 4:16:16 PM EDT
Anybody gonna be around there?
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:12:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I live at the base of Parley's canyon (where I-80 enters SLC on the east), about 20 min away.  Need some recommendations on stuff and things?
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live at the base of Parley's canyon (where I-80 enters SLC on the east), about 20 min away.  Need some recommendations on stuff and things?
View Quote
Taking suggestions.  Me and my grown kids our willing to do some outdoors stuff.  Wife and mother in law will tourists and shoppers.  They ain't going hiking or kayaking.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:50:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 12:23:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Taking suggestions.  Me and my grown kids our willing to do some outdoors stuff.  Wife and mother in law will tourists and shoppers.  They ain't going hiking or kayaking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

High West Distillery, High West Saloon for lunch, rent some mountain bikes and hit the trails or go do backflips into the foam pit at Woodward

Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
If you wanna throw down some cash for a nice night out, I would suggest the Riverhorse on Main:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:18:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Will be there afterwhile.  Got alpine slide, Grappy, distillery, all on the list right now.  

Link Posted: 8/13/2021 9:19:22 AM EDT
[#7]
If anybody is around this week @ me and maybe we can hook up for a burger or something?
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Ate Tarahumara last night.  Tasted very good.  I had their fajitas.  

While their food does not taste exactly like the Tex Mex I am used to, it was still very good.
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you get a rental car?  If so take the Mirror Lake Highway through the Uintah mountains.  Just head east of Park City and take Highway 150 east through the mountains.  There are a bunch of high alpine lakes and a spot with falls.  You can continue on the highway up through Wyoming to I-80 to return to Park City.  Half day trip, or day trip if you want to do some hiking.   Pack a lunch and bring water.

Head south down highway 189 to Heber.  Right before you get into town, on the west side of the road, is the Back Forty Ranch House Grill.  It's worth the stop.
Link Posted: 8/17/2021 6:50:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you get a rental car?  If so take the Mirror Lake Highway through the Uintah mountains.  Just head east of Park City and take Highway 150 east through the mountains.  There are a bunch of high alpine lakes and a spot with falls.  You can continue on the highway up through Wyoming to I-80 to return to Park City.  Half day trip, or day trip if you want to do some hiking.   Pack a lunch and bring water.

Head south down highway 189 to Heber.  Right before you get into town, on the west side of the road, is the Back Forty Ranch House Grill.  It's worth the stop.
View Quote
Went down to Lake Jordanelle today and kayaked.  Left there went to Midway, stopped some place my wife wanted called the Corner for lunch.  Saw all that down there was awesome.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 9:12:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Had a great time in Utah.  Thanks

@medicmandan never heard from you in your thread nor did you reply to my IM.  

Tried to meet up with SCW, just didn't work out.  But I did get to meet up with a guy I went to high school with, who was one of my best friends, had not seen him in over 30 years.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife and I will be coming to Park City early December, will this highway/route through the Uintah mountains still be open/possible? Sounds like it would be a great way to waste a day.
@LRShooter
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:30:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:34:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks! Would taking a day trip to Antelope Island be a pretty scenery trip?
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 11:01:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Frary Peak is a good hike up antelope, but we have a bad inversion right now so it won't be much to look at.  This was earlier this spring, there is a city somewhere there.

I'd stay out of the soup bowl (salt lake valley) if you want views.  Park City and Heber are probably better bets.

I would plan for Mirror Lake Highway to be closed, but you may get lucky.  You could also go for a daytrip and get stuck if the road closes after a big snowfall.  My family's cabin is in that area and historically there is around 8 to 10 feet of snow there in the winter but last year was pretty bad.  I've backpacked that area a bunch and weather can be unpredictable.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top