Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 2/14/2021 11:04:39 AM EDT
I know you guys have got to be sick of them, and I've searched but can't find any decent answers. First and foremost I'd like to assure you I'm not a commie

The company I work for is opening a facility in Tooele (BTW how do you pronounce that, tool? Tooly? two L?) in December, and I've been thinking about taking a promotion and transferring to Tooele.

How's the area and where are decent places to live? I've got a budget of 450-500k, which doesn't look like it will get me much, I currently live very rural and 450k here in N Georgia can get me 10 acres with a nice house. Currently have a 3100 sq ft house on an acre, but am ok with downsizing to a point. I still have to house my wife and kids lol.

I've looked in the Tooele, Grantsville, Stockton, rush valley area and 75% of the houses listed are pending so it seems like a pretty popular area and I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I'm ok with driving and hour to 45 mins to get to work, but I don't know how winter weather will affect the commute.

Any advice would be a appreciated guys, Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:07:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Message me.  I’m from GA.  I’ve lived here for just over three years.  I love living in Utah.  It’s a great place to raise your kids.  -Joe
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Two will uh

How to Pronounce Tooele (Real Life Examples!)
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I don’t get out that way too much but the entire state is blowing up with growth.  

The problem with Tooele is having to commute to SLC area for work which it sounds like you don’t have to so that’s a huge plus.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t get out that way too much but the entire state is blowing up with growth.  

The problem with Tooele is having to commute to SLC area for work which it sounds like you don’t have to so that’s a huge plus.
View Quote

Originally the facility was planned for St George, which I was much more comfortable with. Prices are lower then SLC are and I found several properties with acreage ect within my price range and commute distance.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
You might not be able to get much of a lot for that kind of money, but you have to remember there are millions of acres of public land to do stuff on.  

Here's a pic of where I sometimes shoot to give you an idea of what a lot of the state looks like.  This is about 15-20 miles directly south of Tooele.

Within an hour to the east you can be in the mountains.  Half hour east puts you into downtown SLC, and everything that has to offer.  

Getting 2-10 acres in the "country" is nearly impossible here.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Tooele, Grantsville, stockton is a good area for pewing.

Depending on where your from it might we weird.
Like trailer parks in weird spots etc.

I was raised in an "upper scale" area, so to me it looked like freedom...

I ended up a bit more north, and i ended up having issues finding a good solid place to pew near me.
So i finally ended with 30 acres next to blm land and my own little backstop.

Heaven.
Drive is about 1.2hrs
Took possession early 2020, i have the hickock 45 range in mind as a template.

Land in the middle of nowhere is cheap, if you can find someone wanting to part with it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:16:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for all the input so far!
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Working on booking a flight to check the area out in the spring. Any suggestion on a time to go? Currently looking at flying out late May.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top