Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 10/1/2013 8:29:01 PM EDT
I'd like to plan a nice getaway for a weekend with the SO. I'd really like to rent a nice little cabin with a fireplace.

I tried Google but all I found is fancy hotel-type stuff. Anyone?

I don't want a hotel room. I want a quiet, simple little place. Remote is okay, we have 4wd.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 2:17:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in this as well...if you find one, let me know!
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 9:16:46 AM EDT
[#2]
still been looking. Everything looks like a hotel room. sigh.

There was a pretty little one on Bear Lake, but it's not really what i had in mind.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
The Alaskan Inn has some but I dont think they fireplaces. Hot tubs though :)
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

200+ a night, ouch.  But from the pictures, I guess it could be worth it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
We have had good luck finding places with VRBO.
Link Posted: 10/8/2013 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We did the Alaskan Inn a couple years ago and were very disappointed. The big screen TV ( not that we were there for tv watching ) had a sign taped to it for what had obviously been a fairly long time, that said it was out of order and to use the smaller set that was sitting on top of it. The jetted tub for two smelled musty and there was black slimy mold around the jets. The bed was horribly uncomfortable. There were white Christmas lights strung up around a molding and had been stapled through the wiring ( Fire Inspector must get good room rates )

We got the room on a 50% off deal, but even then felt we overpaid for it. We will not be returning.

Link Posted: 10/10/2013 8:46:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We did the Alaskan Inn a couple years ago and were very disappointed. The big screen TV ( not that we were there for tv watching ) had a sign taped to it for what had obviously been a fairly long time, that said it was out of order and to use the smaller set that was sitting on top of it. The jetted tub for two smelled musty and there was black slimy mold around the jets. The bed was horribly uncomfortable. There were white Christmas lights strung up around a molding and had been stapled through the wiring ( Fire Inspector must get good room rates )

We got the room on a 50% off deal, but even then felt we overpaid for it. We will not be returning.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

well i havent been there in about 6 years. It was great then. sucks that it went down hill
Link Posted: 10/11/2013 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#9]
We found some off season killer deals at Sundance (sub $200.)  It may not be quite as remote as you would like.  There were other cabins around, but it was super nice and we remote enough for us.  There was the bonus of having awesome food within walking distance.  Definitely not a hotel room, it was a super nice cabin.  Check out their website.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 2:07:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Try Morris' Last Resort in Moab.

They have cabins down on the valley floor, but the ones you want are their cabins up in the mountains, about 1/2 hour drive from downtown Moab. They have BBQ pits and fire rings outside, but no indoor fireplaces. There is also the LC Ranch in Altamont. Great fly fishing and several cabins there. Again, no fireplaces indoors. Likely you can't get insured at a reasonable rate if you have wood burners.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 2:48:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Try Morris' Last Resort in Moab.

http://www.morris-last-resort.com/cabins.html

They have cabins down on the valley floor, but the ones you want are their cabins up in the mountains, about 1/2 hour drive from downtown Moab. They have BBQ pits and fire rings outside, but no indoor fireplaces. There is also the LC Ranch in Altamont. Great fly fishing and several cabins there. Again, no fireplaces indoors. Likely you can't get insured at a reasonable rate if you have wood burners.

http://www.lcranch.com/cabins-lodging-accomodations/

Good luck!
View Quote

Wow, that's much better. Looks like $99 per night depending on when.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Daniel's Summit is really nice.  We spent the weekend there a couple years ago for our anniversary.
View Quote

You must not have run into the owner. From my experience he seems to be a grade A jackass.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top