Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 8/8/2013 7:56:07 AM EDT
Does anyone have any information concerning this company. It seems that they've taken a lot of peoples money and can't deliver rifles--me being among them. There are numerous complaints on their website and facebook. I've been waiting for 5 1/2 months and can't get a hold of them for a status. Last time I was lucky enough to talk to someone they rudely offered a refund, but that has not been received. Any information on this scam of a company would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

P.S. AFM is located in Tooele, Ut.
Link Posted: 8/21/2013 6:02:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Not that I have too much to contribute but I met AFM a few years ago at one of the only gun shows i have been to.  He talked about how accurate his stuff was and how much better than everyone else it was ("beyond Mil-Spec" or something like that he said). I was willing to listen to him until I heard his prices.  

If you want a response you could look to where he is advertising his stuff and let everyone know who is looking to purchase from him.  

BTW what do you have on order?

Link Posted: 8/22/2013 2:48:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I still remember their reaction when I flipped one of the lowers over on their table to take a look at their roll mark after telling me how amazing everything they "manufacture" was.

DPMS roll mark is what I saw... and I thought he was going to choke me to death.

they lie, and then lie some more.

My advice is to get the local police involved.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 7:49:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn thats too bad.  I was wanting to buy one of their lowers if it was marked "MADE IN TOOELE, UT"

Oh well - best of luck!

~Will
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 6:29:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Well we still have LAR (West Jordan) and they are not full of shit
Link Posted: 8/27/2013 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 10:19:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are they still making the Grizz lowers?  Didn't Remington buy them out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/11/28/lar-manufacturing-acquired-by-remington/
Link Posted: 8/28/2013 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The company has had its ups and downs for sure. I've got 3 lowers from them, 1 for each of my kids. That was over year ago though. His shop was up and whirring at the time, with a bunch of crates labeled for shipping to Israel. I guess things might have gone downhill again.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 6:42:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2012/11/28/lar-manufacturing-acquired-by-remington/

noooooooo!!

I will put my last griz lower in a glass case as a shrine and light candles to remember and morn
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 5:37:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

noooooooo!!

I will put my last griz lower in a glass case as a shrine and light candles to remember and morn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

noooooooo!!

As far as I know, they're still making them under the LAR brand name. I bought some in November of last year. I still see them occasionally.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Remington owns LAR and while they are still making receivers, most of their production is going towards Remington Defense.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#11]
The owner is Mitch Fedoruk (sp?) and they have a shop out of the Tooele Industrial Depot. That's all I can remember.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
All I have heard about them was a couple years ago at a wedding.

One of my kind of distant cousins said that guy in tooele wanted my cousin to work for him.  My cousin was saying how badass the guy was, like a ghost recon delta seal type thing.  His AR's were going to be better than anyones because the guy had gotten the original plans from like 1960 and thats what they were going to mill their lowers and uppers too.  I told my cousin the guy is full of shit and a fucking retard.  Thats the last I ever heard of it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 11:27:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
All I have heard about them was a couple years ago at a wedding.

One of my kind of distant cousins said that guy in tooele wanted my cousin to work for him.  My cousin was saying how badass the guy was, like a ghost recon delta seal type thing.  His AR's were going to be better than anyones because the guy had gotten the original plans from like 1960 and thats what they were going to mill their lowers and uppers too.  I told my cousin the guy is full of shit and a fucking retard.  Thats the last I ever heard of it.
View Quote

This...

I ordered several rifles as well. Was told it would be 90 days. Then it became 6 months. Never received rifles and only got jerks on the phone. Some guy named Jerry even tried to convince me that I couldn't use a 223 barrel on a multi lower. I don't know where they get people working at a rifle manufacturing company that knows less about the rifles than the liberal media. I would say stay away from this scam of a company. The owner will even try to convince you that he was special operations and deployed all over the place killing people with a knife. It's almost laughable if money wasn't involved. The customer service is the worse I've ever seen.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top