Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 4:25:47 PM EDT
Well, if it isn't gonna snow I'll take these nice temps.  Great Falls broke the high temp record today.  Helena wasn't to far from a new record either.  There have been two crazy days of wind (56 mph in HLN) lately.  But, overall it has been a very mild winter.  

Yesterday I snuck out for a few hours of shooting in a long sleeve tee.  Today I cut out of work early and run up another 70 mile on the bike.

Hope you are getting out and enjoying it.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to come down to GF today, and I couldn't believe it. Almost got caught in the huge praire fire near Browning on the way back.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:01:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I saw that there was one rolling through Browning.  On Monday there was a fire that went about ten acres near Wolf Creek.  There have been two fires in the last two days on Mt Helena as well.  Crazy January we have going here!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Up here on the side of Rogers Pass this morning before the sun comes up it is 50 DEGREES!!  This is so wrong on so many levels.  The wind has been blowing pretty good all night too.  I really am not liking this one bit, especially the fires bit.

-Corn
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:39:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I don't need any fire in January.  But, I'll take 'em May-October.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well, if it isn't gonna snow I'll take these nice temps.  Great Falls broke the high temp record today.  Helena wasn't to far from a new record either.  There have been two crazy days of wind (56 mph in HLN) lately.  But, overall it has been a very mild winter.  

Yesterday I snuck out for a few hours of shooting in a long sleeve tee.  Today I cut out of work early and run up another 70 mile on the bike.

http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac180/AssSupt/Nightster/55167903.jpg

Hope you are getting out and enjoying it.

That is a sweet looking bike!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I IC'd one last week south of Billings. I was actually on furlough when I got the call. It surprised the hell out of me. Today we saw 3 good ones burning in the Billings area. The volly's must have taken care of them. Crazy "winter" so far...
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That is a sweet looking bike!

Thanks!  It's been a work in progress for two years.  I just got it all back together on Tuesday.  After a month and a half of cutting, grinding, wiring, painting, etc. it was good to get it out on the road for a ride.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I IC'd one last week south of Billings. I was actually on furlough when I got the call. It surprised the hell out of me. Today we saw 3 good ones burning in the Billings area. The volly's must have taken care of them. Crazy "winter" so far...

Who'da thunk?  Timber or grass?

This morning they were saying 45,000 acres on the Browning fires.  I see that was revised to 16,000 ac. this evening.  It always so hard to tell in the dark.  Either way, it's all crazy for January!

I was out taking fuels plots all day.  There wasn't anywhere that wouldn't have burned today.  No snow on any aspect.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Yep, beautiful weather down here as well.  Got some good range time in on Monday.

Nice bike.  I love Sportsters, a lot of guys call them girls bikes but they are my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:28:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This morning they were saying 45,000 acres on the Browning fires.  I see that was revised to 16,000 ac. this evening.  It always so hard to tell in the dark.  Either way, it's all crazy for January!

I was out taking fuels plots all day.  There wasn't anywhere that wouldn't have burned today.  No snow on any aspect.

From driving up 89 about 2.5 hours after after it started, I would have guessed 45K acres too. The sky was orange from the turn off to Heart Butte to noth of Browning.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From driving up 89 about 2.5 hours after after it started, I would have guessed 45K acres too. The sky was orange from the turn off to Heart Butte to noth of Browning.

Had us worried for a bit about friends around East Glacier and Browning.

Fire danger is gonna be crazy if no snow falls.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was mixed grass and timber. Only 10 acre, nothing special

We have 0 snow down here. Very crazy
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#13]
i was hoping to make some decent cash shoveling snow this winter
i was wrong.

ggrrrr

heading to some hot springs tomorrow with my wife and stepbro
screw it

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:27:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
i was wrong.

ggrrrr

screw it

Maybe if you lived in Red Lodge. That seems to be the only place getting snow!
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:58:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
i was wrong.

ggrrrr

screw it

Maybe if you lived in Red Lodge. That seems to be the only place getting snow!

its been going around us.  from lodge grass south and east has been gettin hit pretty regular
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top