Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 7/1/2009 9:45:49 AM EDT
I'm leaving all my buddies 1200 miles away. I figure, no better place to meet new people than ARF.
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 4:00:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to Idaho!
You'll love it here!

Link Posted: 7/2/2009 5:50:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Welcome to Idaho!
You'll love it here!

Thanks. I can't wait to get settled in.
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Not Northern Idaho here, but I know there are a few ARFCOMERS up there.  There's enough Riflemen up north that regular Appleseed shoots are held as well.  Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/4/2009 11:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Where ya at?
Link Posted: 7/5/2009 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where ya at?

Bayview
Link Posted: 7/6/2009 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
That puts you a couple hours north of me.  I'm in Troy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Spokane and work in Coeur d'Alene so I'm real close to your area.  Too bad the Farragut Shooting Range is closed down.  If it ever opens back up you will be set.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 8:55:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm in Spokane and work in Coeur d'Alene so I'm real close to your area.  Too bad the Farragut Shooting Range is closed down.  If it ever opens back up you will be set.

Is there any BLM land in the area that is shooter friendly?

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Cool, if you ever get north, or I get south maybe we could get together for some shooting/hunting.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Can't help you out much there but there is a pretty good range just outside of Coeur d'Alene.

Check it out here.
Link Posted: 7/8/2009 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can't help you out much there but there is a pretty good range just outside of Coeur d'Alene.

Check it out here.

Sweet, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 8:45:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check it out here.

Sweet, thanks.

Also, CDA Rifle & Pistol Club is another good range from what I've heard.  It's on your way home from work.    Also, if you're looking for an indoor range, Post Falls has a really nice one at Center Target Sports.  The only bad thing with them is no cast lead bullets and a 1-shot per second rule.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 10:19:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check it out here.

Sweet, thanks.

Also, CDA Rifle & Pistol Club is another good range from what I've heard.  It's on your way home from work.    Also, if you're looking for an indoor range, Post Falls has a really nice one at Center Target Sports.  The only bad thing with them is no cast lead bullets and a 1-shot per second rule.  

Thanks. I never shoot cast, so the indoor range would work great for the winter months.

How far do you have to go to shoot on public land (I always police my brass/targets/trash). I don't know about up there, but here all the rangemasters are a bit overzealous.

Also, is the local Sheriff form-4 friendly? Do they have a volunteer search, and rescue dept?
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 9:01:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, if you ever get north, or I get south maybe we could get together for some shooting/hunting.

I got a little place in the country and need to get a range up.  Like to get it out to 700 yards.  Maybe this fall.

Busy getting ready for the delivery of two horses now.

Could always use a hunting partner.  I would like to get to Elk River or Clarkia for elk hunting.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got a little place in the country and need to get a range up.  Like to get it out to 700 yards.  Maybe this fall.

Busy getting ready for the delivery of two horses now.

Could always use a hunting partner.  I would like to get to Elk River or Clarkia for elk hunting.

Sounds good.
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Check it out here.

Sweet, thanks.

Thanks. I never shoot cast, so the indoor range would work great for the winter months.

How far do you have to go to shoot on public land (I always police my brass/targets/trash). I don't know about up there, but here all the rangemasters are a bit overzealous.

Also, is the local Sheriff form-4 friendly? Do they have a volunteer search, and rescue dept?

I just went to the CDA Rifle & Pistol Club for the first time today, the rangemaster seemed decent but I admit that's a small sample.  Lots of AR's there, though.  Out of the 6-7 groups shooting, all but one were shooting AR's.

To be honest, I haven't done much shooting in this area in the past few years since I moved back up here.  I'll let you know if I find any good public land to shoot on.  There used to be a good public place over by Fernan Lake but I think they closed it down due to dumping (it was located right next to the Fernan Rod & Gun club).

From what I've heard Rocky (the Sheriff) is fairly Pro-2nd.  He owns plenty of fun toys including a cannon that he shoots onto his hillside.  And yes, they do have a volunteer search & rescue.  Check out the dept's website here.
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#17]
what job did you find in Bayview?  (I'm looking for work)
Link Posted: 7/10/2009 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
what job did you find in Bayview?  (I'm looking for work)

I'll be working in Post Falls as a mechanic. I'll be working for Florg's family business.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#19]
bueno! i'm here too doing body work and paint. stones throw from you guys. look for SuperFast autobody....that'll be me...
  rules of the road...  no horns,no tailgaters,no redlighters,no jamming into the open lane at the last seconders...we wave as we drive by...
no freaking car alarms!!!  no leaf blowers...  
    full auto and clean bumpfire draws fun!  be prepared for great people with freindly attitudes.
be prepared for winter and living near poverty...it'll take ya at least 2 years to acclimate..be patient.
   more rules.... stay away from the gunshows untill i get a good deal or two.  dont read the nickel untill after 9:00 am. especially the gun and hunting section..
  if your a car guy,....the mustangs and highboys and broncos are MINE!!!!  
     i get first dibs on all ak's and ammo.  
other than than this...have fun!
   Btw..... if you concider joining the National Guard...please contact me
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 9:41:29 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
bueno! i'm here too doing body work and paint. stones throw from you guys. look for SuperFast autobody....that'll be me...
  rules of the road...  no horns,no tailgaters,no redlighters,no jamming into the open lane at the last seconders...we wave as we drive by...
no freaking car alarms!!!  no leaf blowers...  
    full auto and clean bumpfire draws fun!  be prepared for great people with freindly attitudes.
be prepared for winter and living near poverty...it'll take ya at least 2 years to acclimate..be patient.
   more rules.... stay away from the gunshows untill i get a good deal or two.  dont read the nickel untill after 9:00 am. especially the gun and hunting section..
  if your a car guy,....the mustangs and highboys and broncos are MINE!!!!  
     i get first dibs on all ak's and ammo.  
other than than this...have fun!
   Btw..... if you concider joining the National Guard...please contact me

What town are you in?

From what I've seen on my visits, I'll feel right at home.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#21]
i'm in a little sinkhole just north of p-falls....called rathdrum.   they say it is the first town established in north idaho back in seventeen or eighteen something or other.  just kidding about the rule thing...but you'll find it quite appealing to not hear these absurd noise obceneties...there is
  a great gunstore is in cd'a called ...uhhhh...shoot i cant remember. but it is on government way just north of the home depot. the only real black rifle store.  bob will take great care of you.  ...ohhh i think its called "triple b"...pawn.  
   we need a good mechanic on the side up here...as i do serious custom auto body repair. paint is my especialle.
you' find that you really need to stay busy here if you intend on survival.....it is tough!   i work with several little local auto dealers.
  i find it works for me and keeps me busy enough to be able to go out and play to some fair degree.
if your a musician,...even better still.   you can come up when you get settled and enjoy a backyard fire and get a cold one or two....or three.
  its quite nice with my fire pit and all.  we like to relax!   family friendly.  good times!
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
i'm in a little sinkhole just north of p-falls....called rathdrum.   they say it is the first town established in north idaho back in seventeen or eighteen something or other.  just kidding about the rule thing...but you'll find it quite appealing to not hear these absurd noise obceneties...there is
  a great gunstore is in cd'a called ...uhhhh...shoot i cant remember. but it is on government way just north of the home depot. the only real black rifle store.  bob will take great care of you.  ...ohhh i think its called "triple b"...pawn.  
   we need a good mechanic on the side up here...as i do serious custom auto body repair. paint is my especialle.
you' find that you really need to stay busy here if you intend on survival.....it is tough!   i work with several little local auto dealers.
  i find it works for me and keeps me busy enough to be able to go out and play to some fair degree.
if your a musician,...even better still.   you can come up when you get settled and enjoy a backyard fire and get a cold one or two....or three.
  its quite nice with my fire pit and all.  we like to relax!   family friendly.  good times!

Sounds like a good time, count me in.

I've found that pay is pretty equal there, compared to where I am now. The cost of living is a whole lot less there though. I like to work though, more money for toys.
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 11:30:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Don't listen to those Rathdrum boys, they're nothin' but trouble up there...  
Link Posted: 7/14/2009 7:12:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't listen to those Rathdrum boys, they're nothin' but trouble up there...  

yeah!,...we do have our moments!  

gun "range"  ....we dont need no stinking gun range.....Watch this,..... here, hold my beer
Link Posted: 8/15/2009 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm finally here, and settled in.

This is an awesome place. I'm never leaving.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#26]
welcome to paradise, i am in Spirit Lake, just moved from CDA and i am loving it.
Link Posted: 8/18/2009 4:58:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
welcome to paradise, i am in Spirit Lake, just moved from CDA and i am loving it.

You're only a few miles away.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 9:56:13 PM EDT
[#28]
welcome! I Like bayview its a nice spot.

Triple B is the best spot for all your black goodies.DONT BUY AT SPORTSMANS or whatever the hell its called now, Black sheep is where you should go for outdoor goodies, Cabelas is here, but i would rather support black sheep, theyve been taking care of folks up here for awhile and i think theyll match a price from cabelas or sportsmans, but it doesnt matter because usually there cheaper anyways.

As mention theres a couple of decent ranges, they have been described pretty well above. As was also mention there used to be a good little spot up passed Fernan but they cleaned it up and posted signs. Not to mention right now with the roadwork its a bitch to get passed fernan. There supposted to be doing it for fisherman, but i wish they would just leave it alone, it was fine how it was, Turnouts for fishing were nil, but i liked it that way. they shoulda just repaved the road and left it be. oh well.

Being in bayview im sure youll meet someone pretty quick that has a plot up there and shoots. Some nice houses up on those cliffs there me and my wife looked at a few and some lots to build, but my wife couldnt get passed the drive up to em, scared the shit out of her.

anyways up here people mind there own  buisness most the time, Which is probally the best perk of living here, "Just wave and leave it the fuck alone."

Link Posted: 9/27/2009 9:11:58 AM EDT
[#29]
so who got out to the spokane gunshow this weekend?   i scored some polytech chrome mags cheep!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Welcome to ID. I'm down in Pocatello.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top