Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 6/30/2008 9:33:49 AM EDT
I'm heading up in July for a job interview, figured I'd check in and see if we had any members in the area.

I'm familiar with the locale, know of a great range in a State Park, and have lifelong friends in the area, so I'm just looking to see if there are any other ARFCOMmer's in the area.

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Where?  Eastern Montana is the size of several states put together..

-Corn
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 3:38:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Glendive
Link Posted: 6/30/2008 9:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Glendive

Western ND?

Sly

OK, in seriousness- I haven't ever heard of anyone checking in East of Billings.   You'd think there'd be someone around the Miles City area...  (There are a lot of bars in MC so perhaps the inter-web is slow but the booze is fast there)
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 2:29:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I have not heard of anyone over Havre way either.  Great Falls is about as far east I have heard of up here.

-Corn
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My grandparents lived in Miles City and I've made plenty of trips to the area over the years.  Now about as far east in MT I go is Billings.
Link Posted: 7/6/2008 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I grew up in Eastern Montana, Wolf Point to be exact.  I do miss the wide open country side. I reside in Tacoma WA now and it is tough to let my toys breath here.  Most of the ranges have magazine restrictions and do not allow for rapid fire. It can also be tough to find a place to shoot out in the weeds as there are just too many people around. Good luck with the interview and we will be with you in spirit.

Sir James...
Link Posted: 7/10/2008 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a friend that I grew up with who lives in glendive.  He does quite a bit of shooting, and fishing there.  He seems to like it there.  He does a lot of p dog shooting.  I grew up in north central MT.  Lots of shooting places.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 5:20:14 AM EDT
[#8]
You the man! My mother was from Miles City and all of her brothers still live around there that is the one's still alive. I have cousins in Wolfe Point and Glendive. I would live up in those parts in a heart beat but I am stuck here for awhile till my little girl finishes school atleast.
Best of luck to you!
DRJ
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 4:25:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Heading up today, looking forward to the drive.

This long haul trucker has been a local yokel too long!
Link Posted: 7/13/2008 9:51:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a bunch of cousins in Circle just west of Glendive. I drove through Wolfpoint drunk once. And Brockway, and Circle, and Vida. It was along night and I was only 16.
Link Posted: 7/15/2008 9:57:19 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I have a bunch of cousins in Circle just west of Glendive. I drove through Wolfpoint drunk once. And Brockway, and Circle, and Vida. It was along night and I was only 16.

BROCKWAY-CIRCLE-VIDA??? There are some names I have not heard in a LOOONG time. And yes I too have driven through all of these towns drunk not much else to do out there...
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 7:00:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Hey guys, been up here in Glendive a few days now.

The interview went good, but I won't hear anything until next week.  I guess with the oil boom up here, the railroad is really hurting for help.

At my hiring session, there was exactly TWO of us.  The other guy is a journeyman with UP out in Nebraska.  They invited 10, and plan on hiring 7.  SO, hopefully I sold them on the idea of my being a worthy candidate for an Apprenticeship!
Link Posted: 7/17/2008 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like You might have this job thing dicked, nationwide.

I just made My 690 mile one day service call run yesterday & traveled through

Glendive, Circle, Wolf Pt., Culbertson, Sidney & back to Billings. About 11 hours

of "windshield" time. My legs are killing Me. This trip sucks a$$ in the Winter.

The Ol' Crew Chief
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:13:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sounds like You might have this job thing dicked, nationwide.

The HR lady seems to share your enthusiasm.

I should receive my "official" Conditional Offer of Employment mid-week!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#15]
a buddy of mine works for the railroad in glendive doing something relating to electricity.  He is a HAM radio nut, and likes ARs also.  Good luck in the job.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
a buddy of mine works for the railroad in glendive doing something relating to electricity.  He is a HAM radio nut, and likes ARs also.  Good luck in the job.

No shit?

I'm a Ham myself.  I don't even think there is a repeater in Glendive that I could find.

There's a decent gunshop right across the street from the yard up there
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top