Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2007 9:36:33 AM EDT
I have been shopping at the Impact Guns SLC/Kearns location for a couple of years now and have spent a lot of money with them. They WERE my favorite store, until now. They have a great staff that knew me and my wife by name. Now, I will never shop there again!

About a month and a half back I put a stock Robinson Arms XCR standard barrel, side folding stock, no sites on lay-away and was making payments on it. When I put it on hold it was during their 10 Year Anniversary sale and I was offered a price of $1380 + tax. I asked them if they would price match a price of $1299 + tax and provided them the information of where I saw the price. They said "Sure, we can do that" and did it. When I went to make my next payment they I noticed it was at a higher price and asked them to fix it. After talking with the shift supervisor they did re-adjust it to $1299 + tax. Then I go in to make another payment and the new store manager Giovani raised a big stink about it, and even chewed out the salesman who had been helping me, who was my friend, right in front of me, my wife, and 5 other customers!

After some talk with him and showing him where I saw the price, he agreed to honor the price I had asked for. A few days later I get a call from a different supervisor saying that the price was going to be MUCH higher than we had agreed on! I call the store and the person I talked then obviously did no know anything about the rifle. He said it was going to be $1700 some odd dollars because my rifle had rails. I informed him that all XCRs come with rails as they are part of the receiver. He gave me Giovani's cell phone number and I called him. He said the price that they would offer me would be $1490 + tax. We haggled and argued for a few minutes and we agreed that even though I would not be getting the XCR at $1299 + tax, that we could split the difference between the price I wanted and the price he quoted. The price worked out to tbe close to the price I was originally quoted by my friend at the sale.

I had smoothed it over with my wife, who was not happy about the situation, and we went over on Saturday to pay off the rifle and take it home.

When I go there Giovani said that he would not honor either price and it would be the $1490 + tax firm. This really set my wife off and she stormed off to the car in tears. I got angry and asked my friend to refund the money I had put down on it and that I would never return.

I took my money to Galenson's in Down Town Salt Lake City. I was treated with respect and was able to buy an XCR with a Vltor Collapsible stock and the upgraded larger contour barrel for $20 less than the price Impact wanted. It was worth the higher to me to have the great service at Gelenson's.

So because of some new hard-assed manager I will no longer be able to shop at my favorite bang-shop and won't be able to see my friends there anymore. I see now that money is way more important than caring for a customer and honoring an agreement. I was promised the $1299 price on three occasions and still the new manager tried to fuck me over!

Buyer Beware, Impact does not care about their customers anymore!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#1]
This is what happens when you have corp run stores. Service out the window- all salesmen have no wiggle room, have to ask the "boss" for any leeway. I personally won't shop there unless I have to.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:11:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just really bummed because that was my favorite bang-shop and I was friends with everyone there. It was also 5 minutes away from my Mom and Dad's place...
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#3]
So Ollie or what ever his name is is not there any longer?

I liked him, he seemed like a straight shooter for a gun salesman.

I love Gallensons; best gun store in Utah from my experience.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:59:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll comply and hope others will too.  Sorry this sounds more like a BBB issue than anything.  If you have anything with the initial agreed upon price I would take that to the BBB and see how Impact changes its tune and then still don't go with them.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
So Ollie or what ever his name is is not there any longer?

I liked him, he seemed like a straight shooter for a gun salesman.

I love Gallensons; best gun store in Utah from my experience.

Yeah, Olie is gone.

If he was still there none of this crap would have happened. I would've received the agreed price. Olie was a great guy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow $1300 TO $1700 big difference. To bad, Impact could be a good store. I have looked at a few XCR's at Get Some I like the side folding collapsing stock. If I were you I would talk Robinson Arms, I am sure they would like to hear about it. I dont think they can do anything for you but I am sure they could talk with Impact about the service.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]
that's too bad.  The manager at the Impact up in Boise rocks!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Go and tell him about this jerk here.  I tend to believe the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Apparently Giovanni is the VP of Impact Guns. Oh well, he's still a turd. I posted this in the GD and one of Impact's employees started an account on ARFCOM just to try to chew me out.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#10]
What is the employees handle here?  I have no problem going there with a wad of cash and get them drooling and showing me everything they got and then say "oh wait, now I remember you guys ripped off this guy I know".  I have done it before and would be more than happy to do it again as I love to see them salivate, especially when I show up in scrubs (some seem to think you make more money then).  While I support "good" dealers I despise jerks no matter their profession.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What is the employees handle here?  I have no problem going there with a wad of cash and get them drooling and showing me everything they got and then say "oh wait, now I remember you guys ripped off this guy I know".  I have done it before and would be more than happy to do it again as I love to see them salivate, especially when I show up in scrubs (some seem to think you make more money then).  While I support "good" dealers I despise jerks no matter their profession.

His ARF handle is dimeshot and apparently his name is Ian. Thanks for the support bro!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His ARF handle is dimeshot and apparently his name is Ian. Thanks for the support bro!

I would LOVE to hear how that goes!
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:49:25 PM EDT
[#13]

Buyer Beware, Impact does not care about their customers anymore!

Been that way for quite awhile unfortunatly, if you aren't military or wearing a badge when you walk in forget about it...

I was in the Ogden store 'bout a year and a half ago trying to buy a AR auto conversion ($9800) and got passed over for a sherrif trying to get a bid for (4) rock river ARs, maybe half the sale at LEO prices.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I make it a point to stop at Gallenson's when I am in SLC. I wish we had something similar here in Southern Idaho!

Mikey
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 8:50:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I stopped in the Kearns store the other day looking at Gemtechs.  After about 20 minutes of waiting for a guy to get off the phone with his girlfriend (talking about what they would do that coming weekend) - I walked out.  First time I had been in there and will be the last.

I had to go to Ogden Monday.  Finished up around 10:00, so I went by the Impact there.  The guys were very friendly, but had no clue about the products in their store.  Three of them tried to help, but kept having to run to the back to ask someone back in an office for the answer.  

90% of my business locally has been at Get Some.  Mike has always been stand up with me and has earned my business.  I've been to FBMG and the guys I talked to there (can't remember their names) were great also.  I wouldn't mind spending money there also, but Get Some is so much easier for me at lunch and after work.

I haven't been to Galenson's.  Sounds like I need to make a trip downtown...  
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 10:53:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I make it a point to stop at Gallenson's when I am in SLC. I wish we had something similar here in Southern Idaho!

Mikey

I have said it several times before but I really like those guys; I have dealt with all of them at one time or another. There is no one working at a gun store that knows more about ballistics and reloading than that chubby guy that works there (yeah I forget his name but I am certain he doesn't remember mine either).

They, as a whole, are not excited about evil black rifles but it doesn't change the fact that generally there is always someone there who knows their shit and everyone is very helpful.

As a side they are the only dealership in Utah with whom I have never had a less than satisfactory experience. Oh wait, I have been treated well by the gents at get some too but I don't go in there often.
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I dont know the "chubby" guy behind the counter at Gallensons, but if he is anything like Mike Pappas at Get Some he would know ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 5:53:58 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I dont know the "chubby" guy behind the counter at Gallensons, but if he is anything like Mike Pappas at Get Some he would know ALOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And he will sell you the shirt off his back, or the guy at the AK counters back...

Mike is awesome, but he is a salesman. I remember when he talked me into a tapco carry handle... But they did take it back after it failed to zero though.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#19]
It's a bummer that everything I hear about the store in Ogden is so negative.  The shop here in Boise is pretty good, the staff is always friendly and helpful (although they get stretched thin sometimes).
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1.  It's probably the most welcoming gun store in Boise.  A great place to take new shooters.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top