Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 11/24/2007 7:45:31 AM EDT
I am new in this state and don't know any good locations to camp. I am looking for a nice place to spend a couple nights and fire a few rifle rounds while there (a safe backstop would be nice). A small open fire would be great, but I don't know what the current regulations are. I'm open to any good ideas.

We are also clean individuals who leave no garbage whatsoever, a practice I have serious issues about and only causes nice areas to look like public restrooms and then become closed to everyone.

Thanks,

Dan
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Camping?  Try any one of the near canyons (American Fork, Provo, Spanish Fork) or nearly anywhere else in this state (2/3 of the state is not inhabited).  Shooting?  West of Utah Lake just south of Saratoga Springs is wide open but get there early as it fills up fast.  Camping and shooting?  Most counties offer that depending on what kind of camping/shooting you are looking for.  Want GPS locations for these things email me.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 11:59:39 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're in Spanish Fork I can help you out.  I'm in Spanish too and know some good places around here.

I'm not as familiar with Provo but there are the old standbys of West of Utah lake.

let me know where you're at and I'll tell you where to start.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top