Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 12/23/2006 1:25:51 AM EDT
What do I need to know?  Can I bring my AR or AK?  How about hi-caps?  What about SBR's or suppressors?  I understand my NV ccw will work there, but I want to make sure.  Any shops in town I should check out or avoid?  Any other info you think I might need to know would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Steve
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 7:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can bring AR, AK, Hi-Cap Mags, all NFA registered guns ok with paperwork of coarse. And your CCW is good here, but make sure if you get stopped by the Police you tell them that you have a loaded wepon and where it is.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 6:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup.  Everything is fine here.  EBR's, hi caps, class 3, etc.
You can carry just about anywhere, except the obvious ones (courthouse/jail/mental institution/etc., those types of places).
Restaurants/bars are OK.  Public transit is OK.
If you get stopped by police, you must notify.

Check out Cabelas.  South from Salt Lake Valley along I-15.
The very next exit after you come into Utah County / come around "point of the mountain".
You'll see it from the Interstate.  Head east from the exit.

Temple Square, in downtown SLC, is a great attraction.  Lots of neat buildings, impressive history, etc.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2006 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Better bring your coat and boots. This is one cold ass winter.
Link Posted: 12/23/2006 9:13:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Salt Lake City proper has a stupid law on the books about suppressors.  Just avoid getting stopped with them in the city or the county.

I have just heard about it and don't know the specifics.

Enjoy your stay.
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 9:40:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Utah has a premptive firearms law statute.

No city can enforce a firearms law that is more restrictive than state laws.

The state allows suppressors, SLC can't ban them.

Gary
Link Posted: 12/24/2006 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 7:55:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info.  After 12.5 hours of driving, I finally made it.  I had to make a stop in Page, AZ.  Now I just need to find some place to shoot.  

Steve
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for the info.  After 12.5 hours of driving, I finally made it.  I had to make a stop in Page, AZ.  Now I just need to find some place to shoot.  

Steve

Nothing wrong with Page....  Good town.
East side of Utah lake has a big, outdoor, unofficial shooting range.
Rangemasters, in Springville, is a good indoor shooting range.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top