Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:19:20 AM EDT
Just moved here from the Seattle area. Working in the Firearms Industry. Had a regular, Friday Night Rifle League that shot at a local indoor range. Combat Rifle / Pistol at indoor distance. Very much like IDPA but with rifles.

Looking to join up with something like that around here... or start one up if there isn't one going on.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:52:02 AM EDT
[#1]
There isn't anything like that, that I know of.  We have 4 pretty active sites to shoot at:

Nampa Rod and Gun Club
Gem Country Rod and Gun Club
Parma Rod and Gun Club

Finally, we have the range closest to Boise, Black's Creek Range Black's Creek has always seemed to me, to be more centered around black powder, and just bench shooting.  

Nampa and Gem County both have active USPSA groups, and Parma Rod and Gun has active IDPA.  Parma also hosts the MGM Ironman 3-gun competition, which I highly recommend watching, if you don't enter to shoot.  :-)  

Last weekend, we did a little bit of timed pistol/rifle shooting.  Spiff has 2 metal targets (and someone else has a 3rd) as well as some stands for some IPSC targets.  We can lay out a decent little course of fire.  But, there isn't anything like what you are talking about, being done, to my knowlege.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:03:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Impact Guns just opened up here in town.  They have an indoor range and are just now setting up some league stuff.  I know they are planning on hosting some IDPA shoots.  You should talk to Ryan and suggest something.

BTW, I posted their contact info in the last Boise thread.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top